Cadet Force Expansion

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by noemis, Jan 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just found this on the MOD website, Seadog was right, everything is going to be okay!

Expansion of our Armed Forces

Everyone can breathe a sigh of relief!!
  2. Not if you've got any loose kit lying around, the light-fingered barstewards. :p
  3. There ar already more members of the RAF ATC than there are people in the RAF...
  4. I can breathe now :lol:
  5. Check your personal messages please mate!
  6. Thats a blast from the past,we used to duff up the Haberdashers on courses!LOL
  7. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Ho ho noemis. I haven't said that there are no cuts/freezes but I'm not alone in thinking that the Telegraph has fed us a crock. I'm hearing conflicting stories from RR posters and others in a position to know. I'm not in a position to read the briefing for myself until next week. I'm just going easy on the generation of bile for now for the sake of the credibility of this site, not the comfort of the MoD.

Mothball rumours were circulating in Fleet back in June/July. Nothing will surprise me.

Now, CCF expansion? Good idea. American kids can save the US from bad guys, so ours can save the UK. At least it keeps some kids out of trouble and points them in the direction of the Armed Forces. Don't mock it.
  8. Re: It's okay, the Navy, Army and Airforce are safe wit

Hate to say it, but i doubt that the CCF RN points many kids in the direction of the Navy. Despite my best efforts (i'm the Cadet CPO in charge) my section is about as military orientated as your average scout group. You're right about keeping kids occupied though
  9. A good idea, and possibly beneficial to the forces in fostering any interest and more recruitment, but probably won't have any benefit for either the Regs or them as there won't be any personnel, material, etc for them to be affiliated with and so on. One of the better decisions of the current lot, quite probably.

10. Oh no!! I've been moderated again!!

Down Seadog down... Good moderator!!

I was myself in the Naval section of the CCF at school from 13 to 18 years old. I was on a course at HMS Raleigh for the royal wedding in 1981(?), at HMS Daedelus when the IRA bombed Hyde Park. These were all important memories to me and they are part of my unbreakable bond with the Navy. When I arrived at Dartmouth, I bumped into quite a few of my CCF shipmates, so in my experience it was a really good introduction to the Navy. I can't remember any budget restrictions and even went parachuting in my last year. Also headbutted HRH Andy in the crown jewels whist on HMS Brazen, as a cadet, he should have looked down then he would have seen me half way up the ladder!!

Ahhhhhh, the memories...............