Cadet Force Adult Volunteer Commission.

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
Why have all the personel commenting on this site have war hero under their names ? Are they really.war heros ?
It used to be ultra secret until Dinger wrote his book. But we all fought in the colonial war at the turn of the millennium, onboard HMS Falcon.

The Air Cadets have had to change because a few of the officers got to believe they were part of the reserve and believed they were subject to the same rules and regulations. To avoid any confusion they are now told what they do is voluntary and has no benefits above and beyond the cadet force.
We have a bloke at work who wears his RAF (Air Cadet Flt Lt) ID card on his lanyard along with his work one!!! Also cuts around work in rig on Armed Forces and Remembrance Day. (Company asks reservists to come in rig on those days). Told me once that he was told to keep his kit ready in case he gets called up!!! I suggested not unless the enemy have some kids that need to be taught how to march like cnuts!!!

Last edited:

rumtubb

Badgeman
Correct, but NATO, NASA and SSS don't make words, they're initials, MAD is an acronym.
SSS are initials the others are words.
A word is a speech sound or a combination of sounds, or its representation in writing, that symbolizes and communicates a meaning and may consist of a single morpheme or a combination of morphemes. The branch of linguistics that studies word structures is called morphology. You appear to be confusing parts of speech.

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
SSS are initials the others are words.
A word is a speech sound or a combination of sounds, or its representation in writing, that symbolizes and communicates a meaning and may consist of a single morpheme or a combination of morphemes. The branch of linguistics that studies word structures is called morphology. You appear to be confusing parts of speech.

Yes, I am often confused.

Reading your posts usually do that.

By the way, it is called an initialism. That was the simple one word answer I was looking for.

I can see why you were passed over now.