C**t's Trick

snowler

Midshipman
Me and my brother (both time done) were discussing over a beer recently what was the biggest c**t's trick anyone ever pulled on you when you were in the pusser.

Mine was (amongst others) a POMA(Q) trying to get me trooped for "absent from place of" whilst I was at the Hospital when my newborn baby daughter was in neonatal intensive care. I was a Chief at the time mind!

You guys must have some top C**t's trick dits! Spin that dit!

Shakey

War Hero
Overheard one recently about some PO getting trooped and losing CG medal and badges for being pissed.

He wasn't. He was in fact widely known for having a stammer.

Shakey said:
Overheard one recently about some PO getting trooped and losing CG medal and badges for being pissed.

If it happened and it seems unlikely that a PO would get done over like that I have just a little suspicion that it was a set up to avoid some other charge that would have been more damaging in some way for the PO.

Shakey said:

If it happened and it seems unlikely that a PO would get done over like that I have just a little suspicion that it was a set up to avoid some other charge that would have been more damaging in some way for the PO.

Shakey

War Hero
Maxi, how I heard it was that some officer was in a rage over something and angrily asked this PO a question. He stammered a reply to which the officer asked 'Have you been drinking?'. He honestly replied yes (He had had two cans). He was then trooped for it by this angry officer.

He was known for stammering, and stammered at the table.

The CO was asked later why he had been so harsh on the bloke and he replied that he had to support his officers.

It was widely held that the PO had been seen off pretty badly as he was totally innocent.

Well, that's what I heard.

Squirrel

Lantern Swinger
He should have taken it all the way to Court Martial and made the officer in question, along with CO look a right C__T!!

Absolutely disgusting.

Squirrel

Lantern Swinger
This was 2002, so a fair bit of water has passed under the bridge since then, and I'm a less angry man now that I was at the time.

I attended and passed the 3 day selection board at Worthy Down to become an officer in the Army's ETS, I wanted to teach languages.

I had been going through a marriage breakup just prior to it and was quite honest to the interviewing Col, who had no problem with it.
A few weeks later, I was informed by my CO that I'd been unsuccessful on the board, I was disappointed but cracked on.
I did a det to Iraq for Telic and on my return, at a new unit, I decided to give it another go....having requested my report from the board, it transpired that I had passed the board, and my old CO had sent a letter WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE withdrawing his support for my application due to my marriage split.
Now I can understand him doing that to be fair, I had a lot on my plate and it probably wasn't the right time for me to be making the jump from SR to Officer, and from RN to Army as well....BUT.....he should have had the bollox to tell me to my face, and not tell me that I'd failed when I hadn't. If you're reading this, you know who you are you fcuking coward!

All I can say is they don't make Pigs like they use to, I am pretty sure that something like that would not have happened in my day (there I go with that terrible phrase again) unless there had been either some underlying problem that all wanted covered up or there was a long history of problems and this seemed like a good opportunity to roll them all up. After all medal and badges is pretty harse, it is all of the poor chaps insurance against disrating and will take a lot of effort to restore. If it was as you say it does eem surprising that some one in the wardroom didn't intervene in some way.

snowler

Midshipman
SILVER_FOX said:
Bit difficult to beat that one. Hope you rewarded him for his efforts.

SF

It was a woman! 'Nuff said.

Here's another one! Many many years ago mind (1989)! The ship's MAA, who was banned from driving for DD, asked me if I would help him move some stuff out of his house as he was getting divorced. As you do I said sure thing! So the week after, we set off. From Newcastle to Lincoln, then Lincoln to Glasgow, then Glasgow back to Newcastle. ******* hell! Every time we stopped for fuel he would get himself some nutty or a goffa or whatever, never asked me if I wanted anything, got me to drop the van off when we got back to Newcastle 18 hours after we had set off (no break) and never ever mentioned it again. I saw him a year later in the Senior Rates Mess in Gibraltar (I'd just got my PO's rate) and in front of the whole dining hall he tried to eject me into the JR's dining hall, embarrassing himself in the process. What a C**T!

Back in 1980 when I was based at SNONI (Belfast) I was getting married on the Saturday and I asked the chief if I could have the Monday of, his reply was I couldn't be spared as a patrol ship was coming alongside and we had to get all there gear ready for them , which was fair enough as there was only the chief and me. I turned to on the Monday, chief didn't turn up until Tuesday still pissed from my wedding reception..... To top it all the areshole trooped me for direct disobedience 4 weeks later when he allegedly asked me to do something when he was pissed (yet again). Got all the way to the skippers table where the charge was thrown out the window with the chief being asked to stay behind for a "chat" with the skipper for his efforts... He tried to apologise afterwards but, I told him in no uncertain terms that he had better be turned to when anyone was looking for him as I would no longer be covering for him or getting him out of his pit whenever anyone was looking for him..

Latest Threads