Buzz Buster

SO2Seaman

Lantern Swinger
Shortly the Sea(Res) personnel who are mobilised doing their stuff with Royal, will have an RNR Lt to assist with admin etc, one of the tasks that I wil be asking him to do, is to look at the regulations ref gongs, very carefully, and if we have people who have earned them, but a clerk somewhere in the JPA organisation has mis-interpreted the regs, then a large number of back-dated claims will be going in.

Please do not take this as gong-hunting, as if the regs say someone deserves a gong, and they are in my branch, I will try my hardest to get them the gong. If you have a problem with that, write to your CO (if serving) or MP, if not, and ask for the rules to be changed - don't knock me, as the whole gong thing is a very emotive subject!
Thanks

SO2Seaman

A.A.T.

Midshipman
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

because what's the point in it all.

fleetchief

Badgeman
SO2Seaman said:
Shortly the Sea(Res) personnel who are mobilised doing their stuff with Royal, will have an RNR Lt to assist with admin etc, one of the tasks that I wil be asking him to do, is to look at the regulations ref gongs, very carefully, and if we have people who have earned them, but a clerk somewhere in the JPA organisation has mis-interpreted the regs, then a large number of back-dated claims will be going in.

Please do not take this as gong-hunting, as if the regs say someone deserves a gong, and they are in my branch, I will try my hardest to get them the gong. If you have a problem with that, write to your CO (if serving) or MP, if not, and ask for the rules to be changed - don't knock me, as the whole gong thing is a very emotive subject!
Thanks

SO2Seaman
I am confused. If RNR bods are being mobilised under relevant act of parliament; why are they not getting "gongs". Are they not on "Telic"
If not, why not? Do they know this before they mobilise? Curious. :?:

SO2Seaman

Lantern Swinger
I do not have all the details of those who think they have qualified, hence, I will be tasking the LT RNR to look at each individual.
This is speculation, not fact, I think the regs state that qualification will be xx days north of xx line continious, or xx days acumulated, however the acumulated days must be during a single deployment. This may be the crux, as my boys n girls have a single deployment, but to a number of vessels, and hence the interpretation by JPA Clerks may differ from those earning the gong.
Rest assured, when we have the LT up in the frozen north of Scotland, he will (with my top-cover) get to the bottom of this issue, once and for all.

I stress, that I do not have all the details, so my comment above may be slightly innacurate - hence, my wish to empower the LT, who will have all the details.

SO2Seaman

fleetchief

Badgeman
In simple terms "the issue" is that people are not serving in the Telic qualifying zone- despite their call up papers stating otherwise.
It's really that simple.
:cry: Disillusioned and curious

trehorn

War Hero
Re: H4H Wrist bands banned?

Is it correct that we are no longer allowed to wear the H4H wrist bands while in rig?

Those who attended Crowborough were told to take them of and at the time i thought it was for H&S reasons (even though most people were wearing watches :? ).

I've since heard that it is because only a small percentage of the money raise by H4H goes to the RN.

Surely this cannot be right? If it is I think it is a serious PR disaster for the RN.

Anyone got the gen? :)

TYVM

BLUEsu

Midshipman
Chain_Locker_Charley said:
Our group was told to take our H4H wristbands off at Crowborough cos 2SL doesn't like them...
Same here, apparently something to do with very little of the funds making its way towards Naval relations.