butterfly club

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by seafarer1939, Jul 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. early 60's[61 I think] whilst at Singapore there was a strong story doing the rounds that a PO wanted a leg over and asked a taxi driver,he took him to his own home and it took a while for it too click!
    Seems quite a few were at it and all had a little butterfly tattooed on the shoulder and they were shipped home in disgrace.
    Now as my memory is hazy[although I do remember the story clearly] was it just one of those tales that abounded in the Far East at that time.Anyone else heard of it.
    Gave us all a good topic of discussion I recall but it may be just the Tiger talking.

2. So thats why I have a Butterfly Bush in my garden. Must confess I`ve not heard of that one.[​IMG]

3. I heard the story in 66 and seemingly it had only just happenned. possibly another navy myth

4. Yeah. Heard it in '65/'66. No-one was ever able to authenticate it though.
    (And we did try!!)

2BM

5. I have also heard this, although second hand from a bootneck who was there in the early 60's. They definately weren't there, neither was Bugis St alas, when I first went there on a pussers grey in the 80's.