Buster Crabb and dives on Soviet cruisers ..

Discussion in 'History' started by Seaweed, Aug 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

2. Wonder who dived with Crabb, for the last time?????? And a bit more MCDOA Latest News
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  3. When the 30 year limit was up, didn't 'they' re-seal them for a further 60 years so we'll never find out (in our lifetime) what happened to Buster.
  4. Speak for yourself there shipmate!
  5. Now that's what I call a tiddley bow.
  6. Well, if you're not already dribbling and stinking of piss, you will be by then!!
  7. Considering his achievements Sydney Knowles (RIP) could have worn his cap and cap ribbon anyway he wanted and I'd never be the one to complain.

But if Finks calls that "a tiddley bow" then I'm sorry to pull this thread off track a little but I must beg to differ here lest Fink's opinion creates an unprecedented example of what a "tiddley bow" is.

Granted that at first glance it, along with the weathered bow-wave, does looks rather Jaunty. But take a closer look and I'd say that it was a sewn-on effort (by no means unusual in those days) particularly as that wartime "H.M.S" ribbon shows no sign of the puckering that invariably results either side of a real, tied bow.

Finks - go compare then cut along to specsaver's, me old.

8. Naval Gazer will have the source for best answer to that question but it seems from his MCDOA News that he's busy elsewhere just now.
  9. Have to concur with that, it's not even well tied, but we digress.
  10. I did this one today just to see.

11. And it hasn't even got a farthing tied in!!
  12. Sorry rumrat not up to required standard.. kit muster coming up.
  13. But chief I ain't tied one for over 23 years.
  15. Jesus Finks getting a bit heavy. It's only banter or have you forgotten the meaning.

16. Johne,

What passes as Fink's 'tiddley' would be only be found amongst the scranbags of Portland's F2 back in the day, eh:wink:?
  17. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Oi! I resumble that remark!
    • Like Like x 1

18. I must have lost the touch as I thought that was banter?
  19. Facebooked him on our private site. He will be along soon.
  20. Not there yet SB but very close, take pills to stop second condition.

Forgot to add do not normally dribble when sober, but Mrs S says I need a bib to eat or drink anything?

Back on track, for the dive kit they had or did not have; they had lots of guts and showed shed loads of bottle.

They were both Exceptional men.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2012