Buster Crabb and dives on Soviet cruisers ..

When the 30 year limit was up, didn't 'they' re-seal them for a further 60 years so we'll never find out (in our lifetime) what happened to Buster.

Now that's what I call a tiddley bow.
Considering his achievements Sydney Knowles (RIP) could have worn his cap and cap ribbon anyway he wanted and I'd never be the one to complain.

But if Finks calls that "a tiddley bow" then I'm sorry to pull this thread off track a little but I must beg to differ here lest Fink's opinion creates an unprecedented example of what a "tiddley bow" is.

Granted that at first glance it, along with the weathered bow-wave, does looks rather Jaunty. But take a closer look and I'd say that it was a sewn-on effort (by no means unusual in those days) particularly as that wartime "H.M.S" ribbon shows no sign of the puckering that invariably results either side of a real, tied bow.

Finks - go compare then cut along to specsaver's, me old.

Considering his achievements Sydney Knowles (RIP) could have worn his cap and cap ribbon anyway he wanted and I'd never be the one to complain.

But if Finks calls that "a tiddley bow" then I'm sorry to pull this thread off track a little but I must beg to differ here lest Fink's opinion creates an unprecedented example of what a "tiddley bow" is.

Granted that at first glance it, along with the weathered bow-wave, does looks rather Jaunty. But take a closer look and I'd say that it was a sewn-on effort (by no means unusual in those days) particularly as that wartime "H.M.S" ribbon shows no sign of the puckering that invariably results either side of a real, tied bow.

Have to concur with that, it's not even well tied, but we digress.

[/QUOTE

Still tiddley regardless of lack of puckering and designed to catch the parties eye as
Jack strolled along the old prom prom.

Well, if you're not already dribbling and stinking of piss, you will be by then!!
Not there yet SB but very close, take pills to stop second condition.

Forgot to add do not normally dribble when sober, but Mrs S says I need a bib to eat or drink anything?

Back on track, for the dive kit they had or did not have; they had lots of guts and showed shed loads of bottle.

They were both Exceptional men.

Last edited: