Bush pledges Iraq troop reduction

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Jenny_Dabber, Sep 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. GWB went to show his ever aging, sorry, lovely face on the US news withint he past 24hrs, stating that he will be bringing near enough 6000 troops home by next July.

Now, will he stand by this? Is this just a ploy to try and keep his status as president? Or do we think he has seen sense?

Article

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Wouldn't it have been easier for GWB to just point at Gordon Brown as say: "What he said!"

:? :lol:

3. Article[/quote]

He wont have to bring them home - by next July they will have lost another 6000 anyway.

4. Smoke and mirrors. The surge numbers cannot be sustained; so the trick is to call the next troop rotation a "reduction" and hope that the DMF's fall for it.........

RM

5. Well, thats probably due to the fact that to sustain the "surge", difficult questions must be asked like "please can I have another $87bn", to which responses like "WTF did you plan on spending it on", are going to meet stoney silences. Thats without even getting into the sticky problem of recruiting and training enough bodies to meet the need for fresh faces in unpopular places.

6. And that would make more sense than what most of Bush ever says. :thumright:

7. To be honest, I don't really keep up with the latest news out there.

However, I think GWB is trying to colonise Iraq or would I be wrong in thinking that? I mean, he has all these troops out there and he isn't really getting anything done apart from friendly firing, recently.

Could this end up turning into another artic thing involving ice and a flag...........who can put their flag there first?

It's time to bring those troops home guys