Bush goes to jail?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Oil_Slick, Sep 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. … I wonder if we could get him to charge B'Liar as well? :thumright:

Barack Obama would consider charging Bush administration over Guantanamo
    Joe Biden, Barack Obama’s vice-presidential running mate, has indicated that a new Democratic administration could pursue criminal charges against the Bush administration over the treatment of detainees in Guantanamo bay.

By Toby Harnden in St Paul
    Last Updated: 2:14PM BST 04 Sep 2008

[​IMG]
    Mr Biden said at an event in Deerfield Beach, Florida: If there has been a basis upon which you can pursue someone for a criminal violation, they will be pursued Photo: AP

Mr Biden said at an event in Deerfield Beach, Florida: “If there has been a basis upon which you can pursue someone for a criminal violation, they will be pursued, not out of vengeance, not out of retribution, out of the need to preserve the notion that no one, no attorney general, no president - no one is above the law."

His statement is the strongest indication yet that an Obama administartion might seek legal redress against the President George W. Bush. It could undermine Mr Obama’s message of bipartisanship and moving beyond the battles over Iraq.

In April, Mr Obama struck a similar note when he promised that he would ask his attorney general to review the Bush administration’s decisions to differentiate between "genuine crimes" and "really bad policies".

"If crimes have been committed, they should be investigated," he told the Philadelphia Daily News. "You're also right that I would not want my first term consumed by what was perceived on the part of Republicans as a partisan witch hunt, because I think we've got too many problems we've got to solve."

Democrats on Capitol Hill have issued a blizzard of subpoenas to Bush administration aides as part of a inquiries into the authorisation of brutal interrogation tactics used at the Guantanamo Bay prison camp.
    Three White House officials have been held in criminal contempt of Congress for refusing to respond to subpoenas. Former counsel Harriet Miers, former chief political adviser Karl Rove and current chief of staff Josh Bolten have all refused to appear.

Mr Biden said at an event in Deerfield Beach, Florida: “If there has been a basis upon which you can pursue someone for a criminal violation, they will be pursued, not out of vengeance, not out of retribution, out of the need to preserve the notion that no one, no attorney general, no president - no one is above the law."

His statement is the strongest indication yet that an Obama administartion might seek legal redress against the Presidetn George W. Bush. It could undermine Mr Obama’s message of bipartisanship and moving beyond the battles over Iraq.

In April, Mr Obama struck a similar note when he promised that he would ask his attorney general to review the Bush administration’s decisions to differentiate between "genuine crimes" and "really bad policies".

"If crimes have been committed, they should be investigated," he told the Philadelphia Daily News. "You're also right that I would not want my first term consumed by what was perceived on the part of Republicans as a partisan witch hunt, because I think we've got too many problems we've got to solve."

Democrats on Capitol Hill have isseued a blizzard of subpoenas to Bush administration aides as part of a inquiries into the authorisation of torturous interrogation tactics used at the Guantanamo Bay prison camp.

Three White House officials have been held in criminal contempt of Congress for refusing to respond to subpoenas. Former counsel Harriet Miers, former chief political adviser Karl Rove and current chief of staff Josh Bolten have all refused to appear.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...-Bush-administration-over-Guantanamo-Bay.html

2. Gets my vote and I will for the first time this "fall".

Biden just says it like it is without all the pc crap thrown in by most politicos. That frightens some people and again, some say makes him "unstable" . But what now frightens the crap out of me is, what if, and I do hope not, Mc bush gets in and Michael Palins sister becomes the veep.

She was a Mayor of a small town and thats it! Scary

3. Look on the bright side; she will be the first VP who can kill and field-dress a moose :thumright:

RM

4. she is "pro life" yet is a hunter????

5. Interestingly, the reporter Toby Harnden is ex-RN. Wrote an excellent book "Bandit Country."

James.

6. Just another Rethuglican Christo-Fascist :thumright:

She doesn't believe in evolution, maintains that Darwinism is hogwash, tried to ban books from Alaskan libraries that she didn't approve of and maintains that she wouldn't let her daughters have abortions even had they been raped. McMansion's convention lapped it up and with her Pavlovian repetition of 9/11, War on Terra, Osama bin Laden I thought a couple of the old geezers were going to pee their pants. Yeehah!!!

RM

7. That pretty much hands Obama the office, can't believe, wait yes I can, the people in McCains camp are the same people who gave us Dubya, soooo no surprises here... :dwarf:

8. Palin lists her foreign experience as living in the US State closest to Russia and having travelled extensively - Canada / Iraq / Germany / Ireland. What she doesn't mention is that she only made a single trip outside the USA - she landed in Iraq but her plane re-fueled in .............. Germany and Ireland. :thumright:

RM

9. I hate to say it because Obama seems to be a breath of freash air but i cannot see the US voting in a black president with all the fascist hillbilly types on the rampage armed with god knows what!!

10. The same people who believe in intelligent design are the first to get a flu jab... (mutagenic genes i.e. influenza, EVOLVE...)
    I dont care that her daughter is up the duff at 17, so much for abstinence education then, but why marry the schmuck? Maybe with her "strong moral convitions" she wont be one of the 80% of teen marriages divorced inside five years. Perhaps thats why Palin feels the need to defend her sister from that nasty state trooper that divorced her. She claims hes a nutter and stalker, (so get a restraining order!), but when someone told her they couldn't get him fired, she gave them the boot, allegedly. Plausible denial totally bolloxed by those emails sent from personal accounts. So if McCain kicks the bucket or has a wobbler in office...this will be yer standby Pres. not such a great thought as McCain is 72...

Hockey Mom, MILF, freak state escapee, uber right wing hypocrite?? I am sure the arguments are raging on Wiki and others, I for one will check the Daily show to see how they take the p*ss out of her.....

12. <McCain Mode ON>

FOUR MORE YEARS!

…of war!

<McCain Mode OFF>

13. Ex rd.

The southern states are already Republican and wouldnt vote for a democrat, whoever they would be. They would vote for a cat if it had a "R" beside its name!

14. I would say that your in a better position to judge than myself seeing as you live over there but is McCain the best they can do FFS?? Surely you would look for someone who was younger and more dynamic but then again what would i know!!!

15. well they weeded out all the dross in the run ups didnt they.

Romney, too much $$$$$ and a weirdo, Mormon, hundreds of kids and not liked........too smarmy. Guilani........personally saved NY from Terrorists, twat. The old grumpy actor fella.........old and grumpy. Hackerbee, a joke.

At least the Dems had some that had charisma. Listened to McBushes "acceptance " speech last night. Every other sentance was POW dropped in. There was also quite a few interuptions from pro choice and Vets against the war. I gave it 6/10 and 'Bama's 9/10.

We now have 2 months of slagging off, f#ck th policies!!!

16. Guiliani's fate was sealed in Miami when the NY fire-fighters picketed against him and his 9/11 lies. It was a treat to see the little rat-fcuker take a big rat-fcuking from the real 9/11 heroes.

As for Palin, the Governor of the 47th smallest US State - things are about to get interesting; her husband's ex-business partner who she is rumoured to have been engaging in Ugandan discussions with has just asked for an emergency court-order to seal his divorce papers and records.

The Christo-Fascists won't like this one..... Forgive me Lord!!!For I have sinned :thumright:

EDITED TO ADD> 09/04/2008 The Alaskan Courts have just Denied Motion #3: Motion to Make Case File Confidential

McMansions has also just announced that his VP choice Ms Palin will not be allowed to speak to the Press and that the MSM will not be allowed to interview her before the Prezdential Erection

RM

17. Observations.

Can't really see anything other than the appointment of Palin will be a real boost ..... to the opposition. Perhaps she is a plant and this has been the plan all along.

Regarding the outcome of the elections? I think they're dammed if they do ... dammed if they don't. Put Big Arnie in charge. At least the movie would be a kicker.

Oh yeah and why oh why do we spend so much time discussing American politics?

SF

18. because its the old saying.America sneezes, Yurp catches a cold!

19. I'm glad that the UK media has finally realised that Obama isn't the only one in the running for the presidency now that Palin has appeared. Seems the ever-liberal BBC is rooting for the Democrats given the amount of coverage Obama is getting.

It's really just reinforced what I have long suspected about the BBC.

CoI: Switched to Murdoch-media (Sky News) several years ago as the reporting of affairs both UK and world is much more neutral.

20. As CGolfer said. And:-

1. Some of us are living in the USA [or in my case 'Occupied Mexico'].

2. The UK has been led into a series of very dodgy actions by these same US politicians and depending on the US election are likely to follow into yet more with Russia.

3. It's more interesting than mis-spelled threads on 'What should I expect in Royal Navel base Raliegh'

For instance - Did you know that Alaskan State Trooper Wooten the ex-brother-in-law of Ms Palin was giving his 11 year old son a demonstration of police equipment and decided that it would be a good idea to show the boy how a Taser worked. So he shot him with the Taser and knocked him Base over Apex. You couldn't make this s*t up :thumright:

RM