Bush calls for patience on Iraq

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by PartTimePongo, Mar 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/6467689.stm

2. I watched the speech and it drew criticism from all sides of the political spectrum; not just for his usual stumble-bum delivery but for it's lack of coherence and content.

Even Shrub's Surge-On General is pessimistic about Iraq as the layers of corruption which have shrouded this administration are peeled away.

I commented on the increasing pessimism of the Iraqi's elsewhere, but I will repeat it:

Iraq was subjected to an illegal invasion that has wrecked the country and the economy. Child mortality is through the roof and 650,000 of their countrymen lie dead. Civilian infrastructure including power-stations, sanitation and fresh-water pumping stations were destroyed against the laws of war to provide lucrative contracts for the likes of Halliburton. Millions of Iraqi's have fled their own country and live as refugees in neighbouring countries. The entire country is now a breeding ground for fundamentalism and the hatred of the West caused by this lunacy will last for generations.

What's to be pessimistic about?

RM

3. Well that's alright then. Having given the Iraqis democracy but destroyed their means of security, it's obvious that no aspect of the USA must come to any harm. If he means that it is important that you mend what you break, then I think I agree with him. I'm now annoyed.