Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BUSES

fishhead

War Hero
There is bus company called the Blue Bus Company which for some time has run services taking the general public on trips mainly around England but sometimes into other countries of the UK. It also liked to venture across the English channel but mainly to Belgium. In 2010 the Red Bus Company ran into financial difficulties and the Blue company took over some of their routes with the help of the Yellow Bus Company. This joint venture worked reasonably well but both companies agreed not to use any bumpy roads. In 2015 ,however, this cosy arrangement dissolved because more passengers liked the blue routes than the yellow ones. Due to some complaints from passengers on the back seats the bus driver decided to ask travelers which was their favoured route and was surprised to find out that his choice was unpopular and they wanted less travel abroad and more about the UK. The Blue company bus driver took umbrage and flounced off to write his memoirs leaving a kindly old lady in charge of the unruly passengers. Truth be known bus driving wasn't her strength and after asking the passengers for more support found she needed the Orange Bus Company to cover some of the routes because the Red Bus company was again trying to muscle in on the best paying trips. Sadly the old lady lost control of her bus because the unruly passengers were asking to be taken where they'd asked by her predecessor but her fares were too high. The Green Bus company, Tartan Bus company and Leek Bus company joined up with some of the Red company directors to offer alternative routes.
One of the noisiest passengers on the back seat of the Blue Bus Company reckoned himself a good driver so put his name up to take the wheel which after a quick show of hands in the boardroom at Blue Bus HQ was passed.
The new driver was a cocky fellow and quickly announced that now he was driving there would be no mucking about on the back seats as he had a route planned and if everyone shut up the destination would be quickly reached. It turned of that not everyone on the Blue Bus routes was happy to be taken to the new destination and they suggested they might hitch a ride with the Red Bus company even though their driver was a little unclear where they were going.
The Blue Bus driver said "look here chaps if you cross the road to the Red Bust stop you could get run over or even worse the Blue Bus will leave you behind forever". The Blue Bus driver's warning fell on deaf ears and they crossed the road and they were hit by the Blue Bus. to say these old Blue Bus passengers were miffed is to put it mildly with several of the saying it was mightily unfair as they'd only used the Red Company once and they should be allowed back on the Blue Bus.
It now looks like the whole of the bus routes in the UK are up for re-tender with some of the old passengers swearing never to travel by bus again and other ready to take the rest of the travelers on new routes.
Who'd want to run a bus company?

Was there a load of bollocks printed on the side of that bus a few years ago? Also that unelected conductor Cummings looks dodgy to Me. Type of bloke that would wrong change You I reckon :)

fishhead

War Hero
Was there a load of bollocks printed on the side of that bus a few years ago? Also that unelected conductor Cummings looks dodgy to Me. Type of bloke that would wrong change You I reckon :)
You are right about that bus. On loan from the Purple Bus Company I think.
I think unelected conductors have been a common feature since the the Red Bus company used one to some effect while while the Blair fellow was the head driver.

Ballistic

War Hero
One of the problems with successive bus drivers is that they tend to forget that they're there to serve the needs of their passengers - not the other way around.

D

Deleted 493

The other factor is the good old Blue Bus company is happy to drive the passengers where they want. They don't like going to those other destinations anyway (for their own reasons) regardless that stops in these places means other passengers can get on and more fare paying passengers = cheaper fares all round. There's also some unsubstantiated accusations that these 'other' passengers misbehave on these busses, the accusers themselves ignoring the fact that miisbehaviour is commonplace on busses anyway by a small amount of miscreants.

But anyway. Many say the Blue Bus company should just bloody well get on with it, ignore anything contrary and change the routes. The fact that the busses are low on fuel, the tyres won't last forever and the running gear won't get serviced is lost on them. The passengers voted. What is not to understand about that? Get over it.

levers

Sumo

War Hero
The red bus, operator has found that allowing some of the small bus companies to join his routes, he can out perform the blue bus company, and take over some of the blue company drivers. This is a problem for the blue company, as the red controller likes his new found power and has changed his mind and nolonger wants to go advertising for more routes and drivers, looks like a big crash is coming, because he likes the control and power of having more drivers. The blue company needs to find away to get its drivers back.

1567750376282.png Don't worry. Blakey, AKA Nige from the BP will be along shortly to sort it all out...'I'll ave You Juncker'.... ;)

fishhead

War Hero
As it stands all the other bus companies have grouped together and decided what routes they and everyone else can use. This goes against the wishes of the passengers who, in a show of hands a while back, said they wanted to travel. The group of companies have declined to ask for another show of hands to check if the change of routes is OK but are confident that when they do everyone will be keen to travel with them.

Sumo

War Hero
I think when the red bus company and the small ones finally ask the passengers what they want, their arrogant assess are in for a shock. Only hope the route damage they cause is reversible?

huwshpis

War Hero
As it stands all the other bus companies have grouped together and decided what routes they and everyone else can use. This goes against the wishes of the passengers who, in a show of hands a while back, said they wanted to travel. The group of companies have declined to ask for another show of hands to check if the change of routes is OK but are confident that when they do everyone will be keen to travel with them.
Are you sure you means buses and not trains?

fishhead

War Hero
Now we are to get no bus service at all from any of the companies for the next five weeks. The Crowned controller has spoken and they have driven off somewhat reluctantly for some sun,sea and sand with their fellow employees.
I can't help feeling that after the poor service and disagreements over routes their absence will not be keenly felt.

Sumo

War Hero
Now we are to get no bus service at all from any of the companies for the next five weeks. The Crowned controller has spoken and they have driven off somewhat reluctantly for some sun,sea and sand with their fellow employees.
I can't help feeling that after the poor service and disagreements over routes their absence will not be keenly felt.
The red bus company and partners were very upset, that the bus service was to be suspended, they even tried to block the controller from doing what was needed and close them down, the red bus drivers were so upset they just sat there and sulked and didn't want to say goodbye.