Burt Reynolds.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Topstop, Oct 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Burts on the Pierce twat Morgan show. In the 80`s we went to Fort Lauderdale and he and or his management team sorted it so we were berthed about 30yds from his restaurant, a beautiful Mexican Hacienda, Palm trees cacti and painted a light shade of pink, well it was, on the jetty. The sort of place even a Submariner on subies could not afford.

We were in for a week so we shut down and had shore supply from 2x forty foot containers with DGs in em, imagine standing next to a diesel train with no silencer going 24 7 and our own DG going, SM. Diesels are silenced and cooled by injecting seawater into the exhaust. Semi combusted diesel and seawater is not something you would use to wash anything with you want to keep pristine, by the end of the week two sides of this once immaculate establishment were charcoal grey and the other two 50/50 pink and grey splatters.

I think the takings were down that week and maybe a couple more after. so much being an attraction and drumming up the custom.

2. His restaurant was called "Burt & Jacks" if memory serves.

3. ==================

==================

He starred in some c*** films but 'Smokey and the Bandit' was a classic from my era.

eg <<..Buford T. Justice: [to his son] There's no way, no way that you came from my loins.

Soon as I get home, first thing I'm gonna do is punch yo mamma in da mouth!..>>

Sequel was C*** too, though. :sad:

etc