Burglar Electrocuted During Raid

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by TattooDog, Sep 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From the Portsmouth Evening News:

A burglar died after being electrocuted during a raid on a shop in London Road, Cowplain. :dance:

News Link

"Cowplain councillor David Keast said: 'This is obviously a tragic incident irrespective of what they may or may not have been doing up there.
    'I feel very much for the family of this young man and I'm sure there will be a full investigation.'"

My heart bleeds - life's a bitch!
  2. Shame there wasn't a "two for the price of one" offer on at the time !

Serves him right
  3. Send his family the electric bill.
  4. Oh dear what a shame, Never mind.
  5. Aaah, but will his family claim compo on the fact his human right to burgle was stopped because an owner had the gall to have live electricity in his premises ?
    And will the Elf n' safety nazis be around there to sort the owner out ?

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It was the burglar's accomplice who dialled 999 for an ambulance to attend, so there is some irony in the story.

However I disagree with the attitude towards the family of the dead burglar - you think they are criminals also, by definition? God help you when one of you 'little angels' gets arrested... :roll:
  7. Shocking.
  8. Now lets see yes there is a precedent for Elf and Safety - he was at work wasn't 'ee (the burgler I mean). Guess he should be sacked* for not carrying out his Risk Assessment properly

*should this read 'boxed'?

toatally agree with the sgt about the attitude to the family - not their fault the scroat turned out to be a tief is it? (well go on is it?)
  9. Ohm sweet Ohm.

10. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

shocking [​IMG]

And it goes without saying tragic [​IMG] couldn't find a purple pish smilie anywhere!

Why do I get the feeling this is heading to Diamond Lils.
  11. Possibly, but I felt it belonged in current affairs! :clap:
  12. I know I'm reading this wrong but....quote: "Mr Horn was rushed to Queen Alexandra Hospital, Cosham, where he died. He is being held on suspicion of theft by Waterlooville CID. Unquote....

They going to "charge" the body????????????????????

(sorry)... :w00t:
  13. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

We'll just have to go with the flow :w00t:
  14. I cannot see watt the problem is...
  15. Anyone any ideas how to connect wing mirrors up to the mains??
  16. They'll have to dip him first.
  17. Can't see any comments previously suggesting his family being criminals except for those from you and safewalrus ? Is this your policeman's mind ? ;)
  18. aww, watt a shame..

19. So I take it that he was CHARGED before the police arrived
  20. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Fancy Cowplain being in the news.