Bullying: Should teachers be able to opt out of stopping?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by thingy, Feb 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Of course they should! It's a free country isn't it?

2. Ooooo, I don't know...

0 vote(s)
  3. Noooooooooooo

0 vote(s)
  4. Not another fcuking poll by Thingy!!!

0 vote(s)
  1. Imagine that your children are in a local Primary school and you discover that you daughter is being being bullied because her father is a serviceman. Next imagine that the school refuses to do anything about it because the Headmistress and half the staff claim that stopping the bullying prevents them from manifesting their religious beliefs, which unconditionally oppose killing under any circumstances.

A joke?

No, this is what evangelical Christians are lobbying Parliament to be allowed to do. They want Christian teachers to be allowed to 'turn the other cheek' when children who the teachers disapprove of, are being bullied. They also are also stridently demanding that they should not have to discourage intolerance of non-Christians.

Imagine what would happen if Muslims sought to opt out of protecting Christian children from harassment!

At the moment they are claiming they want to opt out of protecting homosexual children - but their demands would set a precident.

Further reading

2. Re: Bullying: Should teachers be able to opt out of stopping

With you on this one Thingy.

Just like joining HMS Collingwood and finding out that everyone hates submariners!!!!

If it wasn't true, it would be funny.

Kind regards,
  3. Re: Bullying: Should teachers be able to opt out of stopping

Kick seven bells out of said teacher and see if they turn the other cheek for another good kicking…
  4. Re: Bullying: Should teachers be able to opt out of stopping

Stove in 'er back doors then she wont have a cheek left to turn :wink:
  5. Hmmm these Christians don't seem to be reading, or should that be interpreting, the Bible in the same manner as the rest of us.
    What a fantastic example to set the pupils in your care, intolerance and bigotry.
    Sometimes I truly despair.
  6. Extremists NZ , just nutters
  7. Organized religion has it's place and can be very good in a supportive sense for people in need of it, but it just seems to be used too much for an excuse for headcases to have rein.
  8. I hope that this will be extended to Parents, Head Teachers, School Govenors and LEA's so they can bully Teachers who's view they disagree with.

In fact I think there may be a few on this forum who would be more than willing to be the instrument of that bullying if help was required.

9. This is why I remain an advocate of private schools even after going to boarding school for 10 years, common sense tends to prevail in them!
  10. Thingy.

As you constantly harp on about the sources of others information can I ask for a corroborating source as in my world the pink news is not a reliable news agency.
  11. The Christian Institute has been sending out their usual literature to their members (not all of whom support their aims :lol: ) and this is just their latest campaign.

This is what is available publically:

Below is information from the National Secular Society:

This is the consultation in question (which has now closed):
  12. Here's another linky.....

Catholic Herald: 6 March 2009

They have also repeated the threat they made regarding RC Adoption Agencies, but this time Catholic Teachers might have to resign en masse if the General Reaching Council don't give in to their demands.

I wish they had done this during my schooldays! :p My school would have had to close down! :twisted: :lol: