Bulling boots!

Thanks for all the help and advice. I've ordered selvyt cloth and went out to the jewellers yesterday and got a jewellers polishing cloth. However, I'm still left with the problem of one amazing boot and one boot that's extremely questionable. Is it possible to have damaged the leather? It's just odd that it's absorbing water and the polish is coming off in tiny flakes that aren't that visible. I might do what WreckerL suggests!

Yorkie_S/M

Lantern Swinger
Try using a lighter gently heat the polish to give it a hard surface. Of course the leather may be wet and needs really drying out, over a period of time.

2_deck_dash

War Hero
I find once you have bulled them, to get a really nice, deep lasting shine you should always spray a small amount of WD40 or PX24 onto the boot and use a toffee hammer to tap gently into the polish.

Crabman said:

That guide's brilliant! I think that's my boot sorted thanks to everyone's help and spending a long long time on it. I've now got it looking a lot better!

Now my next thing is to find a white marker. Any suggestions?

I've tried all my local stationers but they can't help me :( google's been pretty unsuccessful unless you live in the US.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
busy_lizzie said:
Crabman said:

That guide's brilliant! I think that's my boot sorted thanks to everyone's help and spending a long long time on it. I've now got it looking a lot better!

Now my next thing is to find a white marker. Any suggestions?

I've tried all my local stationers but they can't help me :( google's been pretty unsuccessful unless you live in the US.

What do you want to mark?, you can use anything from whitewash and a 6" brush down to Tippex

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
busy_lizzie said:
WreckerL said:
What do you want to mark?, you can use anything from whitewash and a 6" brush down to Tippex

lol for marking kit. It's ment to be a white laundry marker but I can't get my hands on one.

StixJimbo has given the link or try Staples (the shop that is)

Latest Threads