Bullied Birmingham Army Cadets

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Taloolah, Apr 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Birmingham Mail, 31 Mar 2008
    AN army cadet instructor in Birmingham claims his young charges are being targeted by stone-throwing thugs who are angry at the uniform they wear.

Sgt Billy Mazella of the Army Cadet Force, based in Washwood Heath, claimed they were having to put up with systematic abuse by gangs of local youths, who seemed to target the cadets because of events in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The incidents of stone-throwing, vandalism and verbal abuse have escalated during recent months following the removal of a CCTV camera near their hut in Washwood Heath Road.

They mirror events in Peterborough where personnel from RAF Wittering have been ordered not to wear their uniform in public following months of verbal attacks, believed to be linked to current operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Sgt Mazella, aged 20, who became a cadet eight years ago, said potential recruits were being put off because the thugs targeted open day events attended by the would-be 'squaddies' and their parents.

He said: "The cadets and myself regularly get bricks, stones and even fireworks thrown at us as missiles.

"Our vehicles have been damaged and also our parade grounds at times.

"For around six months there was a camera on a lamppost outside the detachment facing towards a block of flats which are always the source of the trouble. But, since the camera has been removed the trouble has progressed and is now really bad."

The instructor, one of three with the Washwood Heath detachment, said the offenders appeared to be Asian who are aged as young as ten.

"We feel we are being harassed and attacked because we wear British Army uniform.

"Often the youths throw oral abuse at us and nearly all the time they refer to the army and that we are killing their brothers and their families overseas.

"We phone the local police almost every time this happens, yet nothing is done about it. We had one Asian cadet but they got to him and he left."

Sgt Mazella said they recruited youngsters aged 12-18 so they could get good extra skills and qualifications and help them to stay out of trouble. They parade every Sunday and Wednesday.

A spokesman for West Midlands Police said they were investigating an incident on February 10 following reports of stones being thrown at the Army Cadet hut and cars.

2. Looks like the NUT have been adversely influencing the chavs......

It's a sorry state of affairs when vulnerable children are targetted by young adults (Thatcher's children?) who should pick on someone their own size.... but of course bullies are cowards that need to terrorise the vulnerable to feel good about themselves.

3. I thought the naughty corporal had been shouting again for a minute

4. Where is the outcry against this, then ?
    Asian youngsters...and not a peek out of the Equality and Diversity-Racial Harmony Brigade....reverse the skin colour and what would we have ?

5. It's not within their remit, that's why! Now stop shitstirring before I (gently) clobber you. :threaten:

These youngsters are being mistreated because of a lifestyle choice: joining the cadets. It ought to be a police matter.

6. Thingy wrote
    Looks like the NUT have been adversely influencing the chavs......

It's a sorry state of affairs when vulnerable children are targetted by young adults (Thatcher's children?) who should pick on someone their own size.... but of course bullies are cowards that need to terrorise the vulnerable to feel good about themselves.

Are you inferring Mrs T had an an affair with a person or persons of Asian descent, I think you are libellous and mistaken, it was Princess Di you muppet.

7. Thingy wrote :'These youngsters are being mistreated because of a lifestyle choice: joining the cadets. It ought to be a police matter'....

'OUGHT' is right. Only too often-not.

Racial element always comes into it when minorities are feeling harranged, no matter what the 'proper' channel for dealing with it should be .

As for 'clobbering'. Good luck with trying. My head's a long way off the ground :)

8. Oi, leave Princess Di out of it. :threaten: Bless you mam! :thumright:

9. Hardly Thatchers Children, Thingy - she hasnt been around since 1990 - most of the scrotes doing this are usually 14-17: either Majors Babies or Tonies Tots methinks!

F_J

10. Lifestyle choice, Rubbish.

It is so called English/British citizens (when they want to be) using their beliefs to harrass and threaten others that do not have the same thoughts as themselves. It is as simple as that.

If they are that concerned then ( Cliche statement) Why do they not go and live in a country that fully believes in their beliefs and not try and change another country that has many other beliefs to their own.

Yes, I agree the police should be involved. But no TV or tabloid coverage.

If one of the recruits was to retaliate, just see what would happen.

Equality and Diversity should be a two way street not my way or no way.

And by the way, threats in a post :(

11. YAHAL....I agree with your sentiments about the cadet issue.....

As for the 'threat'- when I read it, it sounded like 'Thingy' planned to use a newspaper or feather duster....(to be honest he sounds a bit of a soppy b*stard, judging by what he said about Princess Di). :) There's a definite difference in tone when someone means it....

Still, your concern for the thread is touching. :)

12. Di did dodi, fact. Get over it.
    DI & Dodi died, sad but sh*t happens - unless you believe in conspiracy (?Spelling) 'theories'.
    As for the scum who do this, I say send out a snatch squad, and give those caught a beating! It worked on those lobbing stones in Iraq - caught on film if you remember. Shame the squaddies were done for it though.