Bugle Call

Was it 1 gee for fixed wing and 2 gee for rotary after the bugle call Hands to flying stations, or the other way round???? , having a senior moment :wink:

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
scouse said:
Was it 1 gee for fixed wing and 2 gee for rotary after the bugle call Hands to flying stations, or the other way round???? , having a senior moment :wink:
I have checked my bugle call reference (The Gunnery Pocket Book, B.R. 224/45) which does indeed contains the following for Flying Stations:

Unfortunately, since this book was issued in 1945 before rotary wing aviation became a general feature in the fleet it doesn't contain the answer to your senior moment.

StixJimboRM said:
There is nothing in the BR13 (Buglers Handbook) to denote the addition of G's to the Flying Stations call, this may have been something that was added locally, i.e. just on your ship/station??
Thanks it was on Hms Victorious :wink: :wink:

scouse said:
StixJimboRM said:
There is nothing in the BR13 (Buglers Handbook) to denote the addition of G's to the Flying Stations call, this may have been something that was added locally, i.e. just on your ship/station??
You sure it wasn't "HMS Victorian" since bugle calls or the bosun's call were used other than ceremonially?!

FlagWagger said:
scouse said:
I have checked my bugle call reference (The Gunnery Pocket Book, B.R. 224/45) which does indeed contains the following for Flying Stations:

Unfortunately, since this book was issued in 1945 before rotary wing aviation became a general feature in the fleet it doesn't contain the answer to your senior moment.
Will fill in the missing song words for you to the Call " Airy Fairy Airy Fairy to the flight deck you must Go "

scouse said:
StixJimboRM said:
Can I ask when you were on the Vic?

Was you on when the fire was started in I think 68/69 crimbo in Pompey.

Rumrat said:
scouse said:
StixJimboRM said:

Yes the CPO was killed!!!!!

scouse said:
Rumrat said:
scouse said:
StixJimboRM said:

Yes the CPO was killed!!!!!
Scouse we were in front of you on the jetty, think it was south slip or south railway, Aurora.
Sunday afternoon, during leave period, Safeguard, safeguard , safeguard,
Fire fire, fire, fire on the Vic fire and.........I was fighting the fire for two days boundary cooling, we lost the boundary twice.

Footnote, I was In the Patrol that went to Doncaster to fetch the little arsonist scrote back who started it, I will never forget him as he had the same surname as me.
It killed the ship did it not? :twisted:

Small world I was on watch on the gangway on Minerva when it started. Had one stint at tackling the fire. The glift deck polish was melting into little balls and exploding with the heat . Sad day

trelawney126 said:
Small world I was on watch on the gangway on Minerva when it started. Had one stint at tackling the fire. The glift deck polish was melting into little balls and exploding with the heat . Sad day
It did kill the ship, I do remember right don't I.

I was duty hand. 8O :cry: :cry:

Rumrat said:
trelawney126 said:
It did kill the ship, I do remember right don't I.

I was duty hand. 8O :cry: :cry:
Certainly did. Sad day for all. I did my two weeks sea time from Ganges on her earlier. Remember the bugle calls Scouse was on about.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
trelawney126 The Gash Barge 4
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
wet_blobby History 2