Bugle Call

Discussion in 'History' started by scouse, Sep 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Was it 1 gee for fixed wing and 2 gee for rotary after the bugle call Hands to flying stations, or the other way round???? , having a senior moment :wink:
  2. Dont know,never had em on boats.
  3. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Wot - Buglers?
  4. I thought the G was sounded for stand easy (or not so easy if you have arthritic legs)?
  5. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

I have checked my bugle call reference (The Gunnery Pocket Book, B.R. 224/45) which does indeed contains the following for Flying Stations:

Unfortunately, since this book was issued in 1945 before rotary wing aviation became a general feature in the fleet it doesn't contain the answer to your senior moment.
  6. Yeh,we had loads of pipes though :lol:
  7. Thanks it was on Hms Victorious :wink: :wink:
  8. You sure it wasn't "HMS Victorian" since bugle calls or the bosun's call were used other than ceremonially?!
  9. Will fill in the missing song words for you to the Call " Airy Fairy Airy Fairy to the flight deck you must Go "
  10. Can I ask when you were on the Vic?

Was you on when the fire was started in I think 68/69 crimbo in Pompey.
  11. Yes the CPO was killed!!!!!
  12. Scouse we were in front of you on the jetty, think it was south slip or south railway, Aurora.
    Sunday afternoon, during leave period, Safeguard, safeguard , safeguard,
    Fire fire, fire, fire on the Vic fire and.........I was fighting the fire for two days boundary cooling, we lost the boundary twice.

Footnote, I was In the Patrol that went to Doncaster to fetch the little arsonist scrote back who started it, I will never forget him as he had the same surname as me.
    It killed the ship did it not? :twisted:
  13. Small world I was on watch on the gangway on Minerva when it started. Had one stint at tackling the fire. The glift deck polish was melting into little balls and exploding with the heat . Sad day
  14. It did kill the ship, I do remember right don't I.

I was duty hand. 8O :cry: :cry:
  15. I have some pics of her towering over our asre end with a christmas tree tied to the ensign staff. :)
  16. Certainly did. Sad day for all. I did my two weeks sea time from Ganges on her earlier. Remember the bugle calls Scouse was on about.