Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Budding authors required

Taffd

Lantern Swinger
Hi all,

It appears to me that most people wanting to join the RMs want to know what service life is really all about.

We see lots of questions about 'how to become a sniper' and such and many of the questioners are then ridiculed.

I've just launched a test site - 'A Day in the life of a Royal Marine'.

If it shows promise, I'll invest time and money in producing a proper, dedicated site.

What I'm after is - Is there anybody prepared to contribute an article or three, describing a day in the life of a: general duties RM; an RM sniper; an RM chef etc.

It need not be full of excitement, the mundane is of equal value, as are the runs ashore and general dits. The idea is to provide a source of information that people actually want to read about.

They want to know about barracks life, as much as about exercises and operations.

As an ex-matelot, I've started to post some dits and I'm writing about my son's efforts to join the Corps.

The test site isn't set up to contribute direct, so if anybody's interested, please PM me.

Many thanks

Taffd

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Budding space entrepreneurs wow industry experts MoD News 0
frogman007 Frog Tales. One for budding divers The Quarterdeck 19
B Calling all budding MET's Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
Good_CO Wanted - Budding Author / Wiki Keeper Site Issues 3
MoD_RSS News story: Intelligent support to human authors for faster and better exploitation of unstructured text MoD News 0
G Technical Authors – Derby or Bristol – Up to £32,000 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
jesse Where are the angry authors of today? The Book Club 5
B WW2 Uniform Id help required History 17
MoD_RSS Job Support Scheme expanded to firms required to close due to Covid Restrictions MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Venues required to enforce rule of 6, NHS QR code posters and contact logs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Venues required by law to record contact details MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Christ Church Oxford - mediation required by charity regulator MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Avian Influenza: UK disease-free with continued vigilance required MoD News 0
K Qualifications required to become a Warfare Officer, i.e UCAS Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
O Guidance Required for Phase 1 INT (R) Discharge –NFA(Med)PREM – Dyspraxia Joining the Royal Navy 5
soleil RN Website: Dits Required History 1
slim Should ID be required when Voting? Current Affairs 36
MoD_RSS News story: Inquiries Review: Notification of inquiry as preferred procedure now required 10 days prior to appeal submission MoD News 0
R TV Research enquiry - NO LONGER REQUIRED Submariners 4
V Transport required Charity 2
A Question about required active service Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
Joint_Force_Harrier Mourners required for D Day Veteran's funeral (Cambridgeshire) Nearest & Dearest 0
fishhead Help Required Diamond Lil's 2
G Branch information required Submariners 2
AussieMedic Residency waiver - documents required. RFA 8
M Assistance required UPO/Careers Office 2
S US exemption letter required Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
K Lynx ID required The Corps 2
M Help Required (A huge History lesson) History 2
effitilljointhenavy Aircrewman - FAT's still required? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
DemobJob Trainee Recruitment Consultant - Sutton Coldfield - no experience required The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob PCV Drivers Required - Red Bus - High Wycombe The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
C Marine engineer submariner info required please MoD News 0
IlikeB33r Sun dodgers assistance required! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
I Help ... Intiview questions and experience required Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
DemobJob CLASS 1 DRIVERS REQUIRED IN MANCHESTER - £10 to £20 per hour The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
R Help required for Rolfington Rescue to support veterans Charity 7
skyvet Kindly Volunteer Required Submariners 3
C Level of math required for AET? The Fleet Air Arm 12
C AET required psychometric test score. The Fleet Air Arm 13
DemobJob Ex-Military HGV Mechanics Required at Catterick & Bulford The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
(granny) Help required Bloody Computers 27
N How can I get the information required to obtain my father in laws Naval records History 1
WreckerL Help required. Submariners 10
F Reschedule Recruit Test? Advice Required. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 26
MG Maniac HELP!!!!! Techy advice required! Bloody Computers 6
DemobJob Volunteer Programme Instructor required for the Amazon The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob Storekeeper required in Aldershot The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 1
A help required! Nearest & Dearest 9
SONAR-BENDER Information required for documentary Submariners 3