BSSC 5 DAY COURSE

I think its about
1 day sea survival- throwing yourself in horsea island lake and paddling about in a liferaft
3 days firefighting- doddle in the new gas rigs
1/2 day of bein gassed and NBC shenaigans
1/2 day of shoring and flooding in the DRIU - getting wet again

I think anyways, i did ISSC about 2 yrs ago which is similar

Yup, its now some sort of rule that all reservists have to be issued with anti-gas respirators because they don't like giving them out on the BSSC.

I expect the regulars would probably be able to correct me here if I'm wrong, but I believe that normally the regulars get ALL their kit and gear issued during their basic training at HMS Raleigh. So when reserves go to do their BSSC the stores personnel are often unhappy about giving away their precious respirators. How did that famous line go? "Stores are for storing, not for issuing".

I've been told that its now impossible to get on a BSSC without an AGR, and if anybody does somehow manage to appear without one, they'll simply be returned to unit.

Peter said:
I've been told that its now impossible to get on a BSSC without an AGR, and if anybody does somehow manage to appear without one, they'll simply be returned to unit.
Don't know if this is strictly true - I think if you arrive without AGR you will complete everything else but will fail the course due to inability to complete the CBRN aspect (I know that was the score with ISSC a few years ago)

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Karma said:
rosinacarley said:
Trapping your instructor and still being stuck with that person 11 and a half years later!
Pretty sure that's not compulsory.

Hope not anyway....
As a former instructor, I can confirm it's not compulsory to trap them. Never happened to me, but then I'm rats.

Great course!!!!! 5 days of fun, fun, fun! Loved the firefighting never done it before the rest I have done before. Got gassed for the first time, so at least I know now my rezzy works! haha. The best course I have been on so far.

Did my 10s course in Pompey 1990 , great fun , dont have a clue what it's like now , fxxxxxxxxxxxg cold in the unit though , bbbbbbrrrrrrrggggg :cry:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F The Gash Barge 11
T Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 46
Gundulph The Corps 11