Brussels sprouts

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by seafarer1939, Jan 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just got to say now that Xmas and New Year has passed so have they!and good riddance.
    Peace and silence has now returned to the household.
    Does anyone really like these these?if they changed the name to Geordie Sprouts I may be more inclined to eat them but I can't stand the things,never knew them in the mob to much either.

2. Love brussel sprouts, so much so that I got back from a trip to Spain last night and went out to Tesco to buy a bagful this PM before they disappear..!

3. You should have checked your local market! We can get THEM and also parsnips, though the locals really can't understand why we eat them, as they fed them to animals! We can even get turnips (swedes if you are English!) again, animal food!!

In fact last night we had a small pavo and roast parsnips etc, and, yes, even some of THEM!!!

4. Except Yorkshire :)

5. Didn't see any in Cantabria but then I wasn't looking. We follow a simple rule - Spanish food in Spain, Spanish food in England until the Spanish supplies run out! :D

6. I was born and raised in an area which was famous for the growing of Sprouts.Not liking them was not an option.Incidently I must have been in my teens before I heard them referred to as Brussel Sprouts.

7. All you need to do is cut off the stem, slice very thinly and break up in to rings. Then fry 'em off in some butter salt and pepper, then add a 1/2 glass of white wine; reduce then serve.

Bloody gorgeous

8. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I've got a couple of rows growing in my veggy plot.....seeing as we're a good 4/5 months away from the likely prospect of a frost this probably isn't very clever.

Still, the pumpkins and sweetcorn are doing fine.

9. Add some chopped up bacon to the frying off bit, and their even more bloody gorgeous. (Devils testes, though they be..) :twisted:

10. Aye, sounds good to me. I did them once with some roasted chestnuts chopped in there aswell. Very tasty.

11. Bloody hell! I only posted it because it was the subject of a boring discussion in the local that I thought was so dreary I turned to more drink.
    I never expected a reply,some must like them.
    Got to admit fried with bits of bacon and hot pepper sauce isn't to bad until you bite into the yellow part, and they are definitely a wind instrument!

12. Kai Ora oh farmer Blob's do watch for the red-backs before eating.
    As an Ozzy it is still my firm belief that the reason there are now red-backs in NZ is to allow the locals to study their mating routine, and thus improve the NZ standard of sex.
    As you know we are polite in Oz, our foreplay being second to none.
    "You awake" may still seem sparse to some but your Kiwi style is still considered rape in many civilised enclaves.. :roll:
    Still I must get back to my therapist, I'm trying to learn how to deal with defeat in cricket, not being used to the ordeal. :cry:

Oh and sprouts, is that where the wind comes from, how about the piss :roll: 8O :D :D

13. I always thought Aussie foreplay was....... 'Brace youself Sheila !' :oops:

14. Being toffs we always ascertain they are awake first.
    Your input is the second line.
    If it happens to be a little dry and they scream, for appearances sake with neighbours you simply yell..."that's right bitch enjoy yourself.

15. No! the trick with Aussie foreplay is managing to screw whilst keeping in step with a Kangaroo!
    Get out of stride and it's over!

16. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Red-backs only appear in the ports down this way RR..... Bit like Oz prozzies I suppose.... :lol:

Unlike you insecure Ozzies we dont have to ask if they're awake, we just take it for granted they're gaggin for it, I presume the new chat up line for you thrusting young bruces is 'want a towel sheila?' :twisted:

17. Perhaps this thread and the Breville one should be merged - sprouts, bacon with ginger and garlic, now that's where the action is...

18. Could you possibly be referring to those tender young ladies from diamond corner? Do you like our spiders, I named mine Stephanie Rice just in case she emigrated. :D
    Fair play with the towels Blob's, but I'm English every time I wanna be :D
    Its a convenience thing. :roll: