brusied coccyx (tail-bone)

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by werqpr, Feb 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi all, finally passed my medical a few weeks back after losing the weight.

then i fell over and landed on the small of my back, turns out I brusied my coccyx, the Dr gave me a course of Diclofenac Ive got a few days left to finish the course, its not at all painful when I run or do weights or push ups but when I sit down to try and do sit-ups I just can't do them because putting my body weight on the area kills. so question is has anybody else had the same trouble? and if so how long did it take to heal? thanks

2. It can take a fair while to heal: one of those conditions that can linger for a while!

Keep going with the diclofenac- don't worry if you need to get another box- you'll probably need to from the sounds of things. If you like, add in a couple of paracetamol tabs 4 times a day too.

Hopefully it'll be sorted in a couple of weeks.

3. My word ,isn't modern surgery wonderful :wink:

4. thanks doc i'm just gonna keep up the running and upper body work and not bother trying to do any sit ups for a good while, its just so painful when i put all my body weight on my lower back.

5. No sitting down for you then!