Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brummie walks into a tailor's...

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
"Alroit mate I'd like a 70s suit please"

Tailor says:
"Certainly sir, and would you like a kipper tie?"

Brummie says:
"Thanks mate, 2 sugars"

sulzer

Lantern Swinger
Man walks into Gieves & Hawkes
Man to assistant "I would like a clip om bow tie."
Assistant to man
"Sir, this is a gentleman's oufitter. Not a novelty shop!"

leeblease

Badgeman
A brummie walks into a trophy shop, and asks the counter assistant if he has any trophies sculpted like a dog.

counter assistant says "18 carrat"

brummie says " no chewin a bone"

skyvet

GCM
Geordie is in London, and is standing outside Buck House when the Queen spots him from her window. She sends a flunkie down to invite Geordie up for a cuppa. As she pours him a cuppa, she notices him eyeing up a plate of cream cakes, and asks "would you like a cream slice or a meringue"?
"Nah, you're not wong Hinny, I like cream cakes"!

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
White van man to pedestrian:
"S'cuse me mate does yow now if there's a B & Q in Wolverhampton?"

Pedestrian:
"Sorry mate oi don't, but I nows theres 2 D's in Dudley"

+++++

During the war, a British General visited an Army Hospital of the South Staffordshire Regiment.
Sensing a doom and gloom atmosphere he tried to rally the men by asking "Now
you men didn't come here to die did you?" To which Aynuk and Ayli replied " Na
sur, way booth coomd ere yesterdie."

+++++++

Wots the difference between a buffalo and a bison
You cor wash yer onds in a buffalo

+++++

What do they call "Toys -R- Us in Dudley ?
"Toys Am We"

+++++++

Man walks into a jewellers shop. 'Ay yo got some rings?' 'Certainly, Sir. Eighteen carat?' 'No, chewing tobacca'

My Black Country friend gets most indignant if anyone calls her a Brummie.

Stripey_G. I thought some of them jokes were bostin. I'm not sure that threatening to shoot a wammel is very nice, though.

Stripey_G

War Hero
To be honest, I don't come from the Yam Yam side of Brum (who would want to?) but last time I visited there, couldn't understand a bloody word they were on about!!

P_O_L.....thought they were bostin' too!! and I wouldn't really shoot the wammel.....people have been sending me nudes!! :thumright:

Stripey_G said:
To be honest, I don't come from the Yam Yam side of Brum (who would want to?) but last time I visited there, couldn't understand a bloody word they were on about!!

I know what you mean. If I ever venture over to the dark side (i.e. the Black Country) I need to take my Brummie to Black Country dictionary, even then a lot gets lost in translation. :thumright:

Latest Threads