Brown Hatters Brothel in Bermuda?

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by jesse, Jan 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :?: Not sure which forum this should be posted on;- Hobbies and the great Indoors perhaps :?: Anyway, back in the good old days when Granny, Two b adge mango, and Jerry Hatrick were essence skin[I still am] and nobody locked their doors and the sky was always blue. :p I seem to remember a big scandal about some jolly jack tars R.N. boosting their pay by shagging arse in a Brothel that they were running for brown hatters in Bermuda. :wink: When the shite hit the fan there were court martials and civvy. court proceedings galore.resulting much imprisonment and dishonourable discharges and a failed attempt to cover it up from the U.K. press :!: :evil: Ring any bells with my fellow old and bold :?:
  2. The Royal Navy was so gripped by a security panic over gay servicemen in the late 1960s, admirals believed at least half of the entire fleet had "sinned homosexually".

Cheeky cnut, why do they think we did things by halves. Should have kept them submariners away from us, with all that money :roll: :wink: :wink: :oops: :roll:
  3. It would seem that "Jolly Jack" in the sixties was ahead of the game as regards attitudes to brown hatters.I never partook but I knew of those who did and everone seemed laid back about it.
  4. More bent over instead of laid back perhaps?
  5. Snapper trapping, more popular than deck hockey, and a dam sight more profitable. :wink: :D

They did say though, "This years trappers, next years snappers" :oops:
  6. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

SNOWI's postman was as queer as a nine bob note, 2 badge mango may remember his name (I think he was on the Ulster the commission before me in the early '60's) Did have anything to do with this brothel?
  7. "I have a strong [belief] that many of the men are not perverts but basically normal men whose standards of behaviour are thoroughly lax."

Just Jack, surely?
  8. Very true for both :lol: :lol:

Think the majority of matelots just accepted that there were people with other sexual preferences and in usual jack fashion let it go on. The old adage of
    do as you want as long as you don't involve me attitude.

It was also illegal at one time in the Uk to be Homosexual anyway . The RN just stayed with the old
    rules till 2000?

G :fish:
  9. And STILL I missed out. :wink: I must have been really gash at detecting the "action" when I was in the Andrew.... :oops:
  10. One night when I was serving in Aurora in '68, two lads who wre both known to us to bat the other way, decided they had had enough.
    They went around to the gulch in 3E mess jumped into a pit and got down on it.
    Next time I saw one of them it was at Bletchley station about six months later.
    Neither were given DQ's or prison just SNLR, out side in a week, via a shrink. I think they thought they must be mental to come out as and where they did.
    Edited to say no one gave a fcuk in the mess, the attitude was as long as they don't try and push it on me, who cares. Certainly not the outrage bus.
  11. :thumbright:
    Well we were good enough to die for our country in two world wars after all.....
  12. Same here but I reckon that because of my youth the old gaydar wasn't properly tuned, and up and running. I've learned since that an awful lot of opportunities went sailing by, without me pinging them.
    Mind you I reckon there were a lot in the middle of that big Egyptian river - De Nile :lol: