Brown and Mandelson in New Push for Blair

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by trelawney126, Nov 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I really hope Brown continues to support Blairs ambition. it'll fcuk it up no end.

2. Unfortunaly Blobb by the law of averages broon is bound to get something right eventually and Blair as predident will undoubtedly fcuk the UK even more, this will probably be the thing he gets right

3. I'm sending emails on a daily basis, particularly to the Boxheads who it seems will be the deciders.

Great reader's letter in the Times article which pretty much sums things up:-

andrew turner wrote:

"The government's top two figures", NEITHER OF WHOM IS ELECTED, pushing for a war criminal to be installed, UNELECTED, into Europe's top job?
    The sight of such people wearing poppies in remembrance of heroes who died in the name of freedom is an affront to decency.

RM

4. How so? Much as I dislike him, Gordon Brown was indeed elected by the voters of Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath, with a majority of 18,216

5. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

So 18,216 deluded porridge wogs can claim the prize for fcuking the UK for the last few years?

This was he/ wasn't he elected shite just doesn't wash with me. Blair blatantly lied (shock, horror, again) when he said he'd serve a full third term. A lot of deluded idiots voted labour because of that promise.

I think it is a crock of shite personally. Now, when an elected MP changes sides, be it from Labour to Conservative or vice a versa the electorate are told to shut up and lump it, they voted for the man not the party, sorry, cannot work both ways.

6. Very true but now I live in thaty constituency not only will I not be voting for him I will vote for the candidate who stands the best chance of unseating him, even if that was the BNP (not that there is any real likelyhood of that happening, it is most likely to be a limp dem or one of wee ecks mates.)

7. You took the words out of my mouth. I guess what the Times' letter writer was referring to was the fact that Cyclops was elected only as an MP for an obscure Jockistani seat and then slid into the position of Prime Minister for the entire country. He has no mandate from the voters of England and yet has used his power to install unelected peers such as Mandelbum into further unelected positions and is now using this power-base to promote an unindicted ZaNuLiebour war-criminal into yet another unelected post as the President of Europe. FFS Zimbabwe and the country once known as Great Britain have a lot in common in their system of democratic government.

RM :thumbleft:

8. No doubt pushing from the back.... Oops sorry, thats what they are doing to the country...

9. Whilst I have no real time for Mr Brown, (see my post above) he has as much right to sit in Westminster as any other elected MP. He as the chosen leader of the largest party in parliament has as much right to be the Prime Minister as any other PM has had. It was quite clear to all, with the exception perhaps of Mr Blair that after the last election Mr Blair would step down as PM and be replaced by Mr Browm. Despite this the electorate of the UK in general and of England in particular gave the Labour Party a stonking majority.

Regretably Mr Brown has every right to be PM.

ps his constituency is no more obscure than most constituencies in England

10. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Constitutionally it was entirely in order, on Bliar's resignation, for HM to send for Gordon Mugabe andf invite him to form a Govt, the only criterion being that the leader so honoured should be able to command a majority in the Commons. But any stick will do to beat a dog, particularly one as mangy as Gordon.