Brown admits cash for military WAS cut back

Comm.

Lantern Swinger
lonestar said:
Comm. said:
I had a lot of respect for Gordon Brown

You had a lot of respect for Gordon Brown?? WHY??!!!?? 8O

Because I don't buy into sensationalist crap about all the country's problems laying soley at his doorstep, I understand how UK politics works.

His leadership through the financial meltdown (again not soley caused by him, he in fact proposed a fiscal cotrol bill that was rejected by the old boy's club) was impressive and although he is not the most gifted orator or anyway near the most authoritive of figures he is a damned sight better than baby boy old boy's club power hungry etonian **** "Dave".

On this issue alone I had a respect for what he said at the Chilcot Iraq (shambles) of an Inquiry and how he seemed to have supported the effort with strong spending.

Seems my faith was ill placed.

Comm.

Lantern Swinger
To add to that: I didn't say when I ceased to respect him. May well have been before any of this BS began.

Comm.

Lantern Swinger
To admit that guilty pleasure would be to confirm your suspicions of my mental health! :toothy10:

No of course not, what a silly question!

Comm. said:
lonestar said:
Comm. said:
I had a lot of respect for Gordon Brown

You had a lot of respect for Gordon Brown?? WHY??!!!?? 8O

Because I don't buy into sensationalist crap about all the country's problems laying soley at his doorstep, I understand how UK politics works.

His leadership through the financial meltdown (again not soley caused by him, he in fact proposed a fiscal cotrol bill that was rejected by the old boy's club) was impressive and although he is not the most gifted orator or anyway near the most authoritive of figures he is a damned sight better than baby boy old boy's club power hungry etonian **** "Dave".

On this issue alone I had a respect for what he said at the Chilcot Iraq (shambles) of an Inquiry and how he seemed to have supported the effort with strong spending.

Seems my faith was ill placed.

Whilst it may be true to suugest my MP was not wholly responsible for every actin which caused our present problems he did relax the controls on our banks which allowed them to get into the problems we have all see. He also spent all the 'profits' from the good years so we now have to borrow extensively, and the pound as a result has fallen by some 25% against the dollar despite their problems.

Not only that but particularly since becoming PM he has shown a real lack of decisiveness, first the snap election then keeping Northern Rock dangling on a string before letting it fall into the abyss. When something similar happened in the land of the Froggies they fixed it over a weekend.

Do I sound miffed, yes my retirement plans may well be severely curtailed as my pension is now worth 25% less where I wanr to spend much of my timr.