Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by natg, Dec 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

Well i had a little phone call today... and i have been offered a place at Dartmouth as Aircrew Pilot starting 25th February!! Im so chuffed, can't believe its all happening.

Although i still need my medical results. Here's to hoping they are okay!

I'm still in shock, it's suprisingly difficult to sit at work and not tell anyone! Just want to scream!!

Anyway, if anyone else has this date let me know!

2. congrats honey

well done
  3. VERY well do Enjoy BZ :thumright: :thumright:
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Nice one Nat, excellent news![​IMG]

Top tip: If the AIB Doc is writing to your Doc, it's well worth giving him/her a prod to make sure they don't delay in responding- civilian practices can sometimes be a bit slow & a phonecall to the practice manager often pays dividends.

The very best of luck to you, Ma'am. (Get used to it!) :salut:
  5. Hiya nat

I also received a phonecall last week offering my a place in the Logistics branch for the 25th Feb! (Subject to security clearance/medical usual stuff)

I can't wait!

What part of the UK you from because I here your ACLO gets all the people from your area to meet up for a meet and greet type thing before you go to Dartmouth.

6. Thanks for the tip Ninja, i will phone my doc tomorrow.
    Wel, i am from Guernsey, so meeting up beforehand may be a problem, will try my best though. Where are you from Andyramage?
  7. Congratulations - see you there!
  8. Second that simple tasks like getting the to confirm your vaccinations can take forever if you don't chase them
  9. Hi guys,

I've been offered a place in Feb -DE Warfare Submarines (subject to medical being ok) DE Warfare Submarines. I was Board 3 on 11th December for any of you who were there at the same time as me.

Would be good to hear from anyone who was on my board or who are going at same time.

Look forward to seeing some of you there!
  10. Hey Crafty Fox, i started my AIB pn 10th, so i probably did meet you! I didn't catch any names though.
    If your on facebook, check out the BRNC group and there is a topic for people starting on 25th, ive spoken to a fair few people already!!
  11. Have all you for the 25th got your joining instructions and packs? Hitting the sales for the 'Dog Robbers' etc!!!!

How are the essays going? I think I've written one essay in the last 19 years so having a mare, especially having to use a pen instead of a 'puter!!!!

See you in Totnes!
  12. No joining pack yet...Still havn't heard anything re Medical Clearance. Been about 3 weeks, should i be getting worried??!!
  13. Ninja_Stoker

Nat, they're probably on leave until Monday 07 Jan anyway- it's probably worth giving them a day to sift the mail, then call them Tuesday onwards if they haven't called you first.
  14. Hi all, names gilly and thought i should introduce myself to you all as it looks as though we shall be meeting on the 25th feb! so, er, Hi!! Like i assume you all are, i cant wait to get cracking as it still feels like a dream at the mo!! Although i am, too, still awaiting medical clearance im sure it will come once everyones back post christmas... i hope!!
  15. Ninja_Stoker

Hi Gilly, welcome to the forum & the very best of luck. Hope it all falls into place for you soon.
  16. Ninja_Stoker

The more you think of this situation, the more outrageous it seems.

Here we have someone who has passed flying aptitude, passed AIB & been offered a provisional entry date as Aircrew Officer.

The amount of time & effort this, and other potential Officers, have put in to achieve this is phenominal.

You have to wonder why is someone allowed to get this far through the process & STILL not know whether or not they will be accepted on medical grounds, unlike ratings who know well before it gets anywhere near this stage. So much for Investors in People.
  17. I also had a phone call from the AFCO to-day, I`m delighted to tell you all that i failed my medical for Aircrew, could`nt make it to the top ladder of the kitchen steps, hope this helps :w00t:
  18. Ninja_Stoker

It does indeed Hig.

Thanks [​IMG]
  19. Well done mate!

Hopefully that will be me in a year and a bit, would be an *amazing* oppurtunity

Good luck :p

And quite possibly see you there in a few years ;)
  20. Well i hope you don't see me at Dartmouth in a few years i'm planning only being there a short while as i don't plan on failing any of it! ;-) Only joking i know what you mean, good luck with it all onlinebacon.

I agree with Ninja, it is all fairly ludicrous to spend the last 13 months doing all this crap and then possibly to find out it's all for nothing. If i do fail i'm going to be majorly arsed off!

I'm keeping fingers crossed.