BRNC

photface

Lantern Swinger
A word of warning to all potential officers...

GET FIT. When I say get fit, I mean mega fit with strength and cardio. The fitness here is out of this world. Do a LOT of hill running and try to do it quickly and wearing long trousers.

Push ups are okay but make sure you can do a long arm plank and hold for at least five minutes.

Honesty, I’m getting toasted with the phys here so I would say if I had to prepare again knowing what I know now I would do the above.

Most of the other stuff here is okay and will be fine. Phys is really the big one!

-R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope its living up to the expectation you thought and the career you wanted, just remember when you try to move every morning its only pain

A word of warning to all potential officers...

GET FIT. When I say get fit, I mean mega fit with strength and cardio. The fitness here is out of this world. Do a LOT of hill running and try to do it quickly and wearing long trousers.

Push ups are okay but make sure you can do a long arm plank and hold for at least five minutes.

Honesty, I’m getting toasted with the phys here so I would say if I had to prepare again knowing what I know now I would do the above.

Most of the other stuff here is okay and will be fine. Phys is really the big one!

-R

Sounds like the PTI's are nails.:cool:

photface

Lantern Swinger
Preferably with mirrors attached. It's been said before, how to drown a PTI, throw a mirror in a swimming pool.
Honestly, I have never in my life seen someone run up a steep hill in boots with weight, not break a sweat or get out of breath.

Ex marine PTI that we have for our division. We had IMF yesterday with a different division and it was bliss, even though we got a beasting it wasn’t a marine beasting!!

Honestly, I have never in my life seen someone run up a steep hill in boots with weight, not break a sweat or get out of breath.

Ex marine PTI that we have for our division. We had IMF yesterday with a different division and it was bliss, even though we got a beasting it wasn’t a marine beasting!!

Marine PTI’s are like regular Navy PTI’s with a few more brain cells missing, one of my Navy Judo coaches was a Colour Sargent PTI, his idea of a morning run to warm up wash a 5 mile sprint?

photface

Lantern Swinger
Marine PTI’s are like regular Navy PTI’s with a few more brain cells missing, one of my Navy Judo coaches was a Colour Sargent PTI, his idea of a morning run to warm up wash a 5 mile sprint?
Just crazy levels of phys. I don’t think I’m his favourite- I can only get half way up the rope! And as for period 0, I can just about hang on at the back.

If you can handle the lack of sleep and the phys, the course isn’t too bad.

Just crazy levels of phys. I don’t think I’m his favourite- I can only get half way up the rope! And as for period 0, I can just about hang on at the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

What did you expect....

I only achieved a rope climb in basic after that?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Y RFA 0
L Joining the Royal Navy 11
C Joining the Royal Navy 37