BRNC SUY Course

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Gunner23, Apr 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all, just looking for any info on the new course for SUY Officers.
    Any help would be much appreciated, cheers.

2. If you can wait till this time next Friday I'll tell you all about it!

What I do know now, is that starting from Monday 16th April SUY entrants will undertake a foundation week and the be fully integrated with the Direct Entry cadets for the 10 week Marinisation phase. The DE cadets will have already done a 10 week Militarisation phase, which includes their leadership assessment on Dartmoor. The Marinisation phase focuses on developing sea sense and other professional skills, culminating in a leadership exercise on the River Dart. (All taken from the Pre-joining guide)

There is a DIN out, 2011DIN07-186, about fitness preparation for the course which is included in the joining instructions.

That's about as much as I know I'm afraid. Until I left the boat 3 weeks ago I was under the impression that SUYs were still doing the bespoke 7 week course.

3. **** that...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mine too. Oh wait - too late! How bad can it be? It's got to be better than being at sea, which is where I would be if I wasn't off for 11 weeks of fun. :frown:

• Like Like x 1