BRNC Sept '11 intake

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by fruitcake92, Feb 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I got my letter through in January for the September intake, so thought I'd pass the time by making a thread on here. Any one else know if they have september yet??

Any advice for surviving initial training at BRNC would be nice too please :]
  2. You'll have put the cat among the pigeons with that one :), I'm going to leave it to you to field the questions.
  3. how do you polish shoes really nicely ;)
  4. When i was at my aib in november the captain of naval training (not sure of proper title) said that that was the plan, but will they really have that all sorted by then??
  5. The first INT(R) package will be delivered from the 8th May with the first INT(O) package being delivered from the september intake. That is the aspiration at the moment, however the Navy Board are yet to sign off on INT(O). As always, remain flexible as things can and will change at very short notice. The course has now been pretty much written and is almost complete with a few tweaks here and there. We have been told that we have to have the first workable programme ready for the 7th of March so it can be taken through a fast cruise type scenario to iron out any problems.
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  6. For people who have got a letter for the Sept intake. When did you complete AIB and when did you first apply?
  7. wow thanks for the info! =]

and tangowhiskey, i did my AIB in nov, but started applying 2 1/2 years ago when i was 15 and 3/4!
  8. When about in September does the term start?
    I've got my FATs coming up on the 15th March, and hopefully they'll go smoothly, so after that, its off to the AIB. And if I pass that, hopefully September is an option, but obviously I know they're not pushing to get people in at the moment, which is a shame...(damn SDSR!) So yeah, I was just interested roughly when in September the term started.
  9. Thank you very much! I passed my FATs on Tuesday, was told to expect to hear from the AIB in the next week, for a date to be set within 8 weeks. So I shall be ringing them on Monday to see what's occuring.
  10. Congratulations on your FATs, and good luck with AIB, have you got a date yet??
  11. I do indeed, it is on the 8th of May. So now preparing for that!
    They now email the Q101 in case anyone was interested.
  12. Are you applying as ab Observer?
  13. Yes Yorkey. Are you going for Pilot? I seem to remember reading a thread by you somewhere..
  14. I was originally but am joining as Warfare in May now. I think I'd be ready to draw my pension by the time the next pilot enters the gates of BRNC.