BRNC Network Coverage Question

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by ksvb5368, Jan 30, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

I'm off to BRNC soon and wondered what the network coverage is like for each network? I'm currently with vodafone but it says on their website their speed for internet is slow, however, Orange say theirs is fast. So I was thinking of switching.

Does anyone have any experience of both phone signal and internet? Is there also a BRNC wifi?

Thanks in advance.

2. Don't worry about it, you'll be too busy to phone anyone

• Like Like x 1
  3. As a potential rating, I have a question.

Are all officers this concerned with such ridicules things that really don't matter much?

4. .
    OP just has to tip the Hall Porter 50p
    and the Duty Stewards will be along 'dreckly.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1

5. ha, I suppose without a bit of background that seems a little absurd. My girlfriend is currently studying in the USA so we mainly use skype to talk, which of course requires good coverage.

6. Fascinating .

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  7. There you go. Fixed it for you!

• Like Like x 1
  8. You are screwed unfortunately, you don't have internet in your room (ever) for a start and wireless networks are not allowed and the phone signal is intermittent and your only allowed them in your room anyway! As you will be in the zoo at first privacy is absolutely zero!

9. Indeed, how 'ridicules' is it to be concerned about such trivialities as keeping in touch with family etc? :roll: cock

10. Whatever happened to writing a letter??????????????

Dear John ..................................

• Like Like x 2
  11. ohh **** off, yes a spell check mistake.

I do believe brnc will still have such old technology as hard wired RJ45 phones that can connect you all over the world. worrying about the internet signal is up there with a lad on here who was worrying about having to shower in front of other boys when he was about to start an MCD course.

cock.

12. As an ex-RNR rating and ex-regular officer I can assure you neither has the monopoly on such things