BRNC MAY/SEPT 22 INTAKE

SeaHawk14

Badgeman
John and Tom,

You aren’t the only ones left waiting, I am in the same boat. My ACLO and AFCO told me much the same as what Tom described. It can be disheartening reading through the forums and seeing others get their offers through. However, as entry is decided on a case by case basis we are all still in the running.

One thing to note is that those who are not successful for September intake will be notified via email and given a brief explanation why. That’s coming from my ACLO.
Interesting, wasn't aware that they'd notify you. Thanks for the info. At least either way you find out and aren't left in this awful limbo of wondering whether you did well enough.

Pillar of Autumn

Midshipman
Interesting, wasn't aware that they'd notify you. Thanks for the info. At least either way you find out and aren't left in this awful limbo of wondering whether you did well enough.
It really is the wait that kills, isn’t it.

Word for word, this is what my ACLO told me:

“I have had similar questions in the past and the allocator assured me that candidates are allocated to intakes on an individual basis, rather than in large blocks. The fact that others have been selected for the May intake, is not indicative of your own success or failure. You will receive notification in due course. In the event that you are unsuccessful, you will be given some brief feedback on why.”

This was in the context of May/September intake.

perisher456

Midshipman
It really is the wait that kills, isn’t it.

Word for word, this is what my ACLO told me:

“I have had similar questions in the past and the allocator assured me that candidates are allocated to intakes on an individual basis, rather than in large blocks. The fact that others have been selected for the May intake, is not indicative of your own success or failure. You will receive notification in due course. In the event that you are unsuccessful, you will be given some brief feedback on why.”

This was in the context of May/September intake.
My ACLO told me the following:

" Sep 22/Jan 23 allocation will happen as soon as May is allocated. Jan 23 may not be fully allocated as it all depends on numbers in the system."

He seems to suggest that there's plenty of room in January and that we could be allocated this if we don't get September.

DP1809

Morning, congrats to those selected for September, have you been told the start date, or even if it is the start or end of the month?

Island Marooned

Midshipman
Morning, congrats to those selected for September, have you been told the start date, or even if it is the start or end of the month?
We have been given a specific date and time, but we are not to disclose it for the obvious reasons. It will come by RITS and you' have to ensure your PJFT is in date for entry. Don't skip running.

Pillar of Autumn

Midshipman
Hi All,

No update on selection for myself yet but thought I’d share a useful bit of info. Pre-joining medicals are now valid for 3 years, PJFT is still only valid for 12 months. This is coming from my AFCO.

EtRetu

Hey everyone,

Just received an update that I have been selected for Jan 2023 intake. Fingers crossed more follow suit with the happy news soon!

Latest Threads