BRNC MAY/SEPT 22 INTAKE

Island Marooned

Midshipman
Did you have to do the DAA out of curiosity?
In my own experience, no. As I was exempt due to having my AIB completely finished and my results sent to the FSB before then. I'd check with your ACLO if ever in doubt. Either way, if the DAA stands between you and your dream future career, then it isn't much to worry about - it's just one more hoop to jump through.

Last edited:

aslan17

Hi all,

I passed my AIB a few days ago and received my invite for this September’s intake a few hours ago. It would be good to get to know a few of you that are also joining in September beforehand! Drop me a message if there’s a group chat etc already created :)

FirebladeGB

Midshipman
We have a whatsapp group chat going for the Dartmouth Sept 2022 intake. If you have got the offer on RITS and would like to join, please drop me a message and I shall add you to the group chat. Cheers!

Hi all,

I passed my AIB a few days ago and received my invite for this September’s intake a few hours ago. It would be good to get to know a few of you that are also joining in September beforehand! Drop me a message if there’s a group chat etc already created :)

Wow, what a quick turnaround! Congratulations! What you in for?

John24

Hi all, I’m new to this forum/thread. I’ve passed AIB PRI (Nov 21’) and the group ex (Jan 22’). I’m looking for peer experience on the application process as to what happened now. After passing your group ex, do you receive a ‘forwarded for selection’ email/message or does a start date offer just come through RITS at some point? I’ve been waiting with baited breath since February! I’ve been in touch with my AFCO who don’t seem to have many answers. Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi all, I’m new to this forum/thread. I’ve passed AIB PRI (Nov 21’) and the group ex (Jan 22’). I’m looking for peer experience on the application process as to what happened now. After passing your group ex, do you receive a ‘forwarded for selection’ email/message or does a start date offer just come through RITS at some point? I’m waiting with baited breath since February! I’ve been in touch with my AFCO who don’t seem to have many answers. Thank you.
Hi John24, basically for those of us who have passed the AIB but have not received our offer for entry; we are all in the running for a place at Dartmouth this September.
From what my recruiter told me; the selection board will go through the list of candidates one at a time, and so successful candidates are chosen on a case by case matter. Meaning that over a course of time, people will receive offers via the RITS Portal.
I was notified that I passed the GroupEx at the start of Feb, and am still waiting to hear if I have been selected for the intake!

Pillar of Autumn

Midshipman
John and Tom,

You aren’t the only ones left waiting, I am in the same boat. My ACLO and AFCO told me much the same as what Tom described. It can be disheartening reading through the forums and seeing others get their offers through. However, as entry is decided on a case by case basis we are all still in the running.

One thing to note is that those who are not successful for September intake will be notified and given a brief explanation why. That’s coming from my ACLO.

Last edited:

Latest Threads