Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

BRNC May 2020

I’m trying to get in for the May intake for the fleet air arm. Has anyone heard yet?

I ask because FAA candidates seem to find out 3 months before the joining date, and I haven’t heard anything from my ACLO

I'm in the same position as yourself mate.

The selection board sits on the 23rd of March and you will be written to on the 24th/25th telling you if you were either "successful" or "unsuccessful" in being selected for May entry into BRNC. This applies to all officer candidates now, not just aircrew. If you need an aircrew medical for your role, your selection into BRNC will be conditional on a successful medical if you have not already been medically assessed for aircrew duties at RAF Cranwell.

I believe that the selection board for aircrew was intended to take place in mid-February but was pushed back. I was initially told that my early-February AIB date was the last available aircrew AIB for May entry, but the selection date got pushed back to coincide with the rest of officer selection, and as a result more aircrew candidates are to be in the running for May. I suspect that traditionally, aircrew selection takes place earlier than for other officer roles because of the extra layer of medical screening. Perhaps this is why you were expecting to have already heard but were not informed about the changes in selection dates.

Check with your ACLO as always. Best of luck with selection.

I'm in the same position as yourself mate.

The selection board sits on the 23rd of March and you will be written to on the 24th/25th telling you if you were either "successful" or "unsuccessful" in being selected for May entry into BRNC. This applies to all officer candidates now, not just aircrew. If you need an aircrew medical for your role, your selection into BRNC will be conditional on a successful medical if you have not already been medically assessed for aircrew duties at RAF Cranwell.

I believe that the selection board for aircrew was intended to take place in mid-February but was pushed back. I was initially told that my early-February AIB date was the last available aircrew AIB for May entry, but the selection date got pushed back to coincide with the rest of officer selection, and as a result more aircrew candidates are to be in the running for May. I suspect that traditionally, aircrew selection takes place earlier than for other officer roles because of the extra layer of medical screening. Perhaps this is why you were expecting to have already heard but were not informed about the changes in selection dates.

Check with your ACLO as always. Best of luck with selection.
Cheers mate, I thought it was quite strange, good to know I’m not the only one

I am also hoping to get selected for May 2020 as a Logistics Officer - but I am not quite sure whether this will all happen due to the coronavirus now given especially given the speech by the PM 2 hours ago.

I am also hoping to get selected for May 2020 as a Logistics Officer - but I am not quite sure whether this will all happen due to the coronavirus now given especially given the speech by the PM 2 hours ago.

We'll find out more after selection next week I suspect. We're all in the same position mate so if May doesn't happen, its beyond our control.

Anyone received any news?
Not yet. Hoping for contact today or tomorrow. Sadly my aircrew medical was due this week but got cancelled until further notice due to the pandemic, so even if I'm selected I doubt I'll get into BRNC for May unless some miracles can be worked. Still staying positive.

Best of luck to all.