Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BRNC May 2020

I’m trying to get in for the May intake for the fleet air arm. Has anyone heard yet?

I ask because FAA candidates seem to find out 3 months before the joining date, and I haven’t heard anything from my ACLO

MAXtmpu

Midshipman
I'm in the same position as yourself mate.

The selection board sits on the 23rd of March and you will be written to on the 24th/25th telling you if you were either "successful" or "unsuccessful" in being selected for May entry into BRNC. This applies to all officer candidates now, not just aircrew. If you need an aircrew medical for your role, your selection into BRNC will be conditional on a successful medical if you have not already been medically assessed for aircrew duties at RAF Cranwell.

I believe that the selection board for aircrew was intended to take place in mid-February but was pushed back. I was initially told that my early-February AIB date was the last available aircrew AIB for May entry, but the selection date got pushed back to coincide with the rest of officer selection, and as a result more aircrew candidates are to be in the running for May. I suspect that traditionally, aircrew selection takes place earlier than for other officer roles because of the extra layer of medical screening. Perhaps this is why you were expecting to have already heard but were not informed about the changes in selection dates.

Check with your ACLO as always. Best of luck with selection.

I'm in the same position as yourself mate.

The selection board sits on the 23rd of March and you will be written to on the 24th/25th telling you if you were either "successful" or "unsuccessful" in being selected for May entry into BRNC. This applies to all officer candidates now, not just aircrew. If you need an aircrew medical for your role, your selection into BRNC will be conditional on a successful medical if you have not already been medically assessed for aircrew duties at RAF Cranwell.

I believe that the selection board for aircrew was intended to take place in mid-February but was pushed back. I was initially told that my early-February AIB date was the last available aircrew AIB for May entry, but the selection date got pushed back to coincide with the rest of officer selection, and as a result more aircrew candidates are to be in the running for May. I suspect that traditionally, aircrew selection takes place earlier than for other officer roles because of the extra layer of medical screening. Perhaps this is why you were expecting to have already heard but were not informed about the changes in selection dates.

Check with your ACLO as always. Best of luck with selection.
Cheers mate, I thought it was quite strange, good to know I’m not the only one

qmulrhulhku1992

Midshipman
I am also hoping to get selected for May 2020 as a Logistics Officer - but I am not quite sure whether this will all happen due to the coronavirus now given especially given the speech by the PM 2 hours ago.

MAXtmpu

Midshipman
I am also hoping to get selected for May 2020 as a Logistics Officer - but I am not quite sure whether this will all happen due to the coronavirus now given especially given the speech by the PM 2 hours ago.

We'll find out more after selection next week I suspect. We're all in the same position mate so if May doesn't happen, its beyond our control.

MAXtmpu

Midshipman
Anyone received any news?
Not yet. Hoping for contact today or tomorrow. Sadly my aircrew medical was due this week but got cancelled until further notice due to the pandemic, so even if I'm selected I doubt I'll get into BRNC for May unless some miracles can be worked. Still staying positive.

Best of luck to all.

qmulrhulhku1992

Midshipman
I have heard from my ACLO last week on Thursday. He said at the time that the Board was still sitting but he was sceptical of whether the INT(O) would. I guess that has now changed and the Board is no longer sitting.
Did your ACLO give any heads up as to when we should expect to hear?

qmulrhulhku1992

Midshipman
Just been told that the board didn't sit, guess we have to wait a bit more
Right lads. Got an update just now from my ACLO which slightly contradicts with Gman's post as quoted above.
My ACLO just sent me an email saying that the Board did sit, but no results are to be released until there is further clarity as to whether the INT(O) in May will go ahead or not because there is no point in releasing the results if it won't go ahead. So I guess good luck everyone

Right lads. Got an update just now from my ACLO which slightly contradicts with Gman's post as quoted above.
My ACLO just sent me an email saying that the Board did sit, but no results are to be released until there is further clarity as to whether the INT(O) in May will go ahead or not because there is no point in releasing the results if it won't go ahead. So I guess good luck everyone
Fair enough, just going of what i was told. If you're right, and I really hope you are, that's good news. I doubt it, but do you have any idea how long until we hear?

ExonDrake

Second this news from my ACLO. Says that the decision point on INT(O) will be “during the next couple of weeks”.

qmulrhulhku1992

Midshipman
Fair enough, just going of what i was told. If you're right, and I really hope you are, that's good news. I doubt it, but do you have any idea how long until we hear?
Second this news from my ACLO. Says that the decision point on INT(O) will be “during the next couple of weeks”.
I was told exactly the same thing in the same words as Exon, so I suspect that we might have the same ACLO.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M BRNC May 2019 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 94
S BRNC Dartmouth May Entry 2018 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 190
T Warfare Officer BRNC intake numbers (May-Jan 17) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
T-W-C BRNC May 2017 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 241
J May 2016 BRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
C BRNC May 2016 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 27
P Rfa brnc may 2015 RFA 13
S BRNC May 2015 Intake Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 697
Guski E (TM) BRNC May 2015 intake date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
1 BRNC May 2014 entry? (observe PERSEC!) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
C BRNC Dartmouth May 2013 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
N BRNC May entry Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
Z BRNC May 2011 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
R BRNC Dartmouth May 2011 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 40
alfred_the_great BRNC May 2010 entry Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
TheRowan BRNC Dartmouth Induction May 2009 RFA 4
A BRNC: Is there a break between Militarisation and Marinisation? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
D BRNC intake January 2021 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
SeaBiscuit October BRNC Intake- FB Group now live RFA 5
H BRNC September 2020 Joining the Royal Navy 14
Xenophon BRNC - Why do some pass out as S/Lt or Lt? Joining the Royal Navy 4
D RFA BRNC June 2020 intake Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
D Prep for BRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
S RFA Training at BRNC RFA 13
alfred_the_great On BRNC, and other stuff... Joining the Royal Navy 0
A BRNC January 2020 Intake Joining the Royal Navy 33
J BRNC 16th Sept 2019 Joining the Royal Navy 1
S Potential RFA Officers - I'm happy to share my 2019 experience of interview process, BRNC, etc. RFA 16
J BRNC January Entry FAA Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
K BRNC Sept 2019 Joining the Royal Navy 7
C September selection (BRNC) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 34
Y BRNC Feb 19 RFA 10
L January 2019 BRNC Intake Joining the Royal Navy 34
photface BRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
C September 2018 BRNC Intake Joining the Royal Navy 37
R BRNC Soon RFA 5
R BRNC in Feb Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
D Starting BRNC in January- Potential role change? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
photface Dates for BRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
DB583 BRNC Dartmouth January 2018 entry Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
TechFin Whats the age for going to BRNC? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
WannabeAdmiral BRNC morning routine Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
dnnidlc BRNC - Sleeping arrangements Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
dnnidlc BRNC - Training Management Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
W BRNC - Confirmation Course Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 0
D Questions re BRNC Joining the Royal Navy 7
K BRNC Acquaint 6-9 July Joining the Royal Navy 3
Y BRNC showers Joining the Royal Navy 13
M BRNC June 2017 RFA 20
A What is it like at BRNC during training? Joining the Royal Navy 14