BRNC May 2016

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by cagey1953, Feb 8, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi.

Anyone know the dates for BRNC May 2016 intake?

2. Selection board is the 18th of March, and it's in early May. I'm not sure if it's a Persec breach to say exactly when though...
  3. Thanks for that
  4. That's alright, duck. Have you got your AIB coming up soon then?
  5. My son has on 29 Feb. Wants to join as an MEO.
  6. Oooh wow, best of luck to him. I think a bloke at my unit has his then, I'll try to find out for you. It'd be nice to get them in contact beforehand! Do let me know how he gets on, I'm hopefully getting on the May intake so I'd love to have a chat. ☺️
  7. Will do
  8. cagey1953 how did your son get on?
    I passed my AIB back at the start of December, I was told at the time my results are held until May at the latest.
    Its a long old wait...
  9. He's been guaranteed a September start date, but there's a possibility it may be May, depending on the selection process on March 18th.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Excellent news he is guaranteed a start. Iv'e applied for RFA & I think the selection process is slightly different.
    ...keeping my fingers crossed for another couple of weeks anyway!
  11. Got the news yesterday I'm on the May intake. Never felt so relieved!

I'm going in as TM. Would be good to hear from any others on the intake.
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  12. Hi Slopey! I'm going in May too, as is my oppo (both warfairies). I literally screamed down the phone a little bit when my ACLO told me. Oops.

Cagey, have you heard about your son yet?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. May intake too. Managed to lose my phone all day and only found out via voicemail, good drills.
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Nice one, Bob! At least you found out though, imagine not knowing until you got the joining instructions!
    What are everyone's PT levels like? Apparently that and Rules of the Road are what we should be working on right now!
  15. Run's solid enough - nudging 10 - everything else is a bit ropey. Overoptimistic comments removed!

Imagine Rules of the Road apply more to warfare than to other branches?
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  16. Level 10 or 10 mins for 2.4km? Neither are racing snake worthy!
  17. Fair point - was meant more in the light of "able to run but not do very much else" - kindly leave me to my delusions of not being a total biff!

Edit: @alfred_the_great, should everyone be looking to read up on Rules of the Road? It's something I'd not given any consideration at all.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Bob, I know warfare need to know it verbatim, but there's a test for everyone in the first couple of weeks. ☺️
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Rules 1-19 verbatim, working knowledge of the rest (for all branches). Unless things have changed dramatically (a real risk with BRNC), there are multiple RoR exams throughout.
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Thank you both. Time for some study!
    • Like Like x 1