BRNC - Joining Pack

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by AndyRamage, Jan 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

I'm getting a bit concerned because I've been allocated at place at Dartmouth for the 25th but I've still not received my joining pack yet and confirmation that I can hand in my resignation.

I've tried to ring the TSO but all I get is an answerphone which I have left a message and my ACLO is on holiday til the 25th.

Should I just wait or can anyone give me some advice.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Andy, just ring the Officer Careers Liaison Centre where your ACLO is based, they should be able to chase-up your joining instructions for you.
  3. Hey Andy, try not even having your medical clearance yet....

I got my call on 17th December, letter on 19th and that has been it! Nearly a month of waiting round, whilst others have received theirs.
  4. Panic over

TSO got back to me after my voicemail.

I was told all confirmation letters and packs went out today nat if you want to spread the word!
  5. Hey Andy

Just spoke to my Dad at home and i have received my joining pack...HOWEVER! It still states on my letter that the offer is still pending my medical clearance. This is really starting to piss me off now.
  6. Have you rung CAAMB again?

I think I've received medical clearance but it my be different because you are Aircrew and I'm logistics.
  7. I have rung TSO, waiting for them to call back.
    Havn't phoned CAAMB as i lost my phone at the weekend and lost the number (annoying!)
  8. I start on the 25th as well, just received my pack this morning!
  9. Hey!
    For anyone who is interested, got a call from AIB this morning and i have passed all my medicals and they have booked me my flights. Just handed my notice in at work and man it felt so good!!

Aparently there is another person joining from guernsey which is quite cool, no idea who it is though!
  10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Natg: Congratulations, mate. Keep us posted on your progress, and hope to see you in the Fleet sometime!

By the way, you should be able to spot the other person from Guernsey quite easily- he'll be the one with the monobrow and webbed fingers... 8O

11. I received all my information on Saturday fill in all the forms (except need to get measured for the uniform) and have made a start on the essay!

Handed my notice in today aswell!

See you on the 25th Nat!

12. When I moved to Guernsey I was told three things:

1) Wherever you go in Guernsey you will see someone you know.
    2) Whenever you go anywhere else you will meet someone from Guernsey.
    3) Never go to Barbados.

It appears that this was wise advice indeed. Not met anyone with webbed fingers yet though ;)
  13. So far is there only 3 on here leaving on the 25th then? Me being one of them ;)
  14. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

When you consider that Rum Ration Membership is almost double the RN annual intake (ish) & that the vast majority of members here never contribute, it is rather surprising there's as many as 3 contributors that you are aware of that are joining on the very same day as you.
  15. I don't know if I'm allowed to say this lol but if your on facebook theres a group on there where theres about 15 entrants for 25th Feb.