BRNC January 2017

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by tubbypig, Sep 28, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

Thought I would start a thread for the upcoming intake in January. Even though it is so far away!

Hoping to be selected and hoping to hear from other possible candidates!

Selection Board sits in the middle on November but hopefully we will know the numbers for each branch beforehand so we can have an idea on the likelihood of selection....

2. It's not that far away!

I'm doing my PJFT tomorrow then hoping to bomb my way through Sift and AIB as quickly as possible. I'd previously been advised that May intake would be likely for me but depending on dates I wonder if I'll be able to get in for January.

3. I wish I was going in the January intake. Alas, I'm on the final two days of this stupid peak flow diary and I will finally be cleared medically fit *fingers crossed*. I've got till November next year to get in. Clock is ticking.

4. I have to say, I've been really impressed with the speed and efficiency of my AFCO. The single longest wait I've had was between the medical phone interview and the medical face-to-face interview, and that was purely down to availability of appointments.

My RT was at the end of August, and I'm going in for my Sift next week (beginning October).

I'm in a similar position to you, Jack - 25th birthday is edging ever nearer...

5. You have been more fortunate than me then friend. I had my RT in February and my initial medical examination in March and I'm still waiting to be cleared fit. I'm hoping the process will speed up now that I have finished everything CAPITA have asked me to do. Like you, I can't fault my AFCO, but I have lost all faith in CAPITA. I'm hoping I will never have to deal with them again after this. My application has been delayed by months and it has been entirely down to their incompetence as far as I'm concerned.

Good luck for your SIFT.

6. When is selection?

7. The Selection Board sits the 17th November to select individuals for January.

However other Branches have their own selection board earlier such as Fleet Air Arm as already said in this thread.

8. Your careers advisor didn't look like this did he?.... ninja 2.jpg

9. First snag encountered; the lieutenant who was supposed to be conducting my sift interview today has rotated out of careers so now I'm waiting for a new lieutenant and a new appointment. Cutting it bloody fine if I'm going to make it for the mid-November selection board.

10. Well there's something I hadn't expected - just had a call inviting me to do my Sift via Skype. What a wonderful modern world we live in.

11. The quotas for each branch are being made available to your ACLOs, so after hearing my quota quite hopeful of selection. Bet I havve jinxed it now!

12. What have you been going for ?

13. Warfare how about you?

14. AJP

AJP Midshipman

Are the board still meeting mid November?

15. As far as I know

16. AJP

AJP Midshipman

If possible could you message me the quotas? I'm going for warfare as well

17. I am going warfare also. Not counting my chickens though and already thinking about preparing for another AIB if it comes down to it. I feel like there were a few areas in AIB I performed poorly in so I probably don't have the most competitive score. This process been over a year so far, so I am not going to give up at this point if I dont get selected. I'll just go back and hope to improve.

18. I've got a place for January as an Observer provided I pass my medical. Best of luck to you all that you get in.

19. Anyone heard if they've got a place for January yet?

20. I heard today that I am on the reserve list for January.
    For Ninja, how likely is it that I will be called up?
    I am doubtful as I think the majority of people will have been pinning their hopes on being selected and thus unlikely to drop out before January.