BRNC - IOT for Potential Aircrew

Cullie

Midshipman
Hi,

I am attending my AIB very shortly and was seeking some clarification on the layout of IOT for aircrew cadets.

I believe there is an initial militarization phase, followed by pilot grading and then the initial sea training.. then passing out.

Is this this general gist of it?

Please feel free to expand on any of it.

Cheers,

Rich

The only difference for aircrew is the general knowledge test at the begining and the final interview, this will be aircreww orientated. So know you training pipeline and realistic career goals! they will ask. Any more questions please don be shy!

Nick

silverfox

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Cullie said:
Hi,

I am attending my AIB very shortly and was seeking some clarification on the layout of IOT for aircrew cadets.

I believe there is an initial militarization phase, followed by pilot grading and then the initial sea training.. then passing out.

Is this this general gist of it?

Please feel free to expand on any of it.

Cheers,

Rich
That is pretty much the size of it. New Entry Phase, you will then seperate from your fellow joiners and go and do grading and aircrew orientated academics. You then re join the entry that joined after you for the pre IST and IST deployment. On your return you complete the final Passing Out Phase. Each block lasting 7 weeks.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B RMR 1
C SCC and URNU 26
Chalky The Fleet 29