BRNC Intakes 2014

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by rmAET, Dec 29, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone here know the BRNC intakes for 2014?

2. I know there is definitely one in February.

3. BRNC has 4 intakes per year. February, May, September and November. I'm September entry.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks people

5. Hi! Okay, so my trade has 24 as the upper age limit. I'm doing my PJFT in 3weeks, followed by SIFT, FATs then AIB. I am going to be 24 in Mid August, and my AFCO said that he predicts if I pass selection I Will go straight through into training. But surely this would mean I would go to BRNC for May intake? As Sept I would be 24 and too old?? Thanks in advance :)

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

What Officer branch are you joining?

7. Pilot. I realise it was previously 26 but has recently been changed to 24. But does that mean last day of 24th year or first day? I expect I am just putting myself under unnecessary pressure but it would seem almost wrong not to do so ;)

8. Ninja_Stoker

As a Direct Entry Aircrew Officer, (ie: Not ATCO or UY/SUY) - if you were booked for the initial Recruiting Test by 01 October 2013, on the day you join BRNC, you must be UNDER age 26 on the first day of entry into BRNC to commence Initial Officer Training.

If your initial application was received at your AFCO AFTER 01 October 2013 you must be UNDER age 24 on the first day of entry into BRNC to commence Initial Officer Training. For anyone that pauses an application or re-applies, the new rules apply.

9. You are a fountain of knowledge! Thankyou very much NJ :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app

10. Ninja_Stoker

I'm not really, I just keep ringing AIB to ask. :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Ooh, that's a rather radical way of getting information, Ninj... :wink:

12. In that case... let's be friends!! :D

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

• Like Like x 1
  13. sgtpepperband

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hahaha. I like you, you can stay

• Like Like x 1
  15. sgtpepperband

Why, thank you. (I won't call you Ma'am because you're not commissioned yet...) :wink:

16. Give it time ;) On another note, naked equestrianism?? And to rake your brain further - RN Handbook, MOD guide, 2nd edition, availability?!

17. Rack*

18. It's available second-hand on Amazon but you would be very unwise to get it as it is desperately out of date. There is potentially a new edition, but that won't come out for a long time.

You would be better advised to buy Navy News at W H Smith, peruse the website thoroughly and perhaps invest in something recently issued as an optional extra.

Take a special interest in the current and future aircraft, but don't neglect to further your knowledge of all the arms of the Royal Navy, including the Royal Marines and RFA.

19. Hi Soleil, thanks for your comment earlier, received a notification via email but it seems to have disappeared from the thread?! Rules re max age changed a couple of months ago... Although going by Ninja's info I am in the clear for now, phew.... Yes, I heard tell of a revised ed coming out but no one seems to know when. I suppose I could call Publisher to ask. I know, I see what you are saying but it seems much more digestible in solid black and white through one form. Pity pity! Well, worthwhile things were nothing if not hard won, I guess. Thankyou :)

20. I spoke to the Publisher at the end of last year and gathered that it would be some time before a new edition came out.

I will check with my contact there again, though.