BRNC Intake

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by rn458scc, Jul 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello All,

Does anybody know how many intakes (and what months) BRNC carry out in a year?

Kieran! :)
  2. Hi Kieran

I'm by no means an expert, and happy to be corrected if anyone know's better, more up-to-date info...but I believe there are 3 intakes a year. January, April and September.

Hope that helps

3. Thank you for the much needed information,

4. What are you looking to join as Kieran?

5. Warfare Officer,

I've completed all the relevent tests e.g RT, SHIFT Interview.

Just AIB to go.

You already in the RN?
  6. Nope, i'm in the same position actually - waiting for my AIB date for Warfare. How long have you been waiting?

7. Good luck to you both, make sure your current affairs are up to date for the AIB: they want to see your ability to have a perspective that is as wide and as educated as possible.
    Also, know your warships, their roles and where they're based, where they operate at the moment etc.
    Finally, know how the training pipeline works (the careers office people can tell you this) so you know what you're likely to be doing in 10 years time.
    I joined 21 years ago, via BRNC, and it is the best job in the world. And yes, I am a warfare officer, so I know a little about it!
    All the best.
  8. A Little while know,

I've been told to expect me AIB in October,

But i know some people are doing there AIB in July for September intake.

But i may aim for April intake as that gives me a chance to resubmit a couple courseworks and one exam which should increase my ucas points.