Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BRNC Intake- May 2021

JC-OX

Hello all,

Recently, I passed my vAIB for Warfare and I've been given 10th May 2021 as my intake date. I don't see any other threads about this date, so thought id start one to make some connections. Who else is due on the May 21 intake?

Also, does anyone have any advice on the kind of kit I should take / things I should prepare for?

P.S. if anyone has questions regarding the vAIB and what to expect (or anything else) drop me a message!

Last edited:

fishhead

War Hero
Hello all,

Recently, I passed my vAIB for Warfare and I've been given 10th May 2021 as my intake date. I don't see any other threads about this date, so thought id start one to make some connections. Who else is due on the May 21 intake?

Also, does anyone have any advice on the kind of kit I should take / things I should prepare for?
Prepare for a hectic learning period. Prepare to meet a lot of strangers with whom you will bond into a team.
As regards the kit you will receive instructions prior to joining. If you cant wait trawl this forum via the search box and you will find it has been discussed already although given the current situation(re Covid) there may be changes.

Blue_Water_Jack

Midshipman
Hi JC-OX

Congratulations, I am also going warfare Officer, but at the early stages (Virtual AFCO interview next week), can I ask how long your application took, time for each stage etc?

Blue_Water_Jack

Midshipman
Following my reply to your post about BRNC, I am sure a kit list will be provided nearer the time however I found an old 2013 handbook on the internet which includes all you need to know about Dartmouth, shouldn't be too outdated.

Thanks
BlueWater

Attachments

• rn-iot-joining-guide-2013.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 35
Hello! Also have received my date as 10th May 2021. I believe we’ll receive full joining instructions by the end of March which should be plenty of time to get everything sorted! I’m excited and also hopeful that the training can go ahead as normally as can be expected given the current circumstances!

ws1602

Lantern Swinger
Hi All,

i am in the process of becoming an officer - currently already serving - I was wondering whether had any other material they could share regarding AIB & BRNC?

Rather unnerving to realise that this is precisely 50 years after my own entry pitched up at BRNC. It seems like only yesterday (well, perhaps last week).

Ray1218

Midshipman
Anyone else only had AIB recently and already being selected? Bit strange they haven't been doing the traditional selection boards in like march.

TangoWhisky

Midshipman
Out of interest, for those who've been selected for May, how long was the wait between passing AIB and receiving the letter/portal invite? I passed my vAIB a few weeks ago and was expecting to find out in March, but am now waiting anxiously! Thanks in advance.

Ray1218

Midshipman
Out of interest, for those who've been selected for May, how long was the wait between passing AIB and receiving the letter/portal invite? I passed my vAIB a few weeks ago and was expecting to find out in March, but am now waiting anxiously! Thanks in advance.
I had my AIB on a Monday and got the portal invite by the Friday, so not even a week.

JC-OX

I had my AIB on a Monday and got the portal invite by the Friday, so not even a week.
The same for me. Within 7 days.

Ray1218

Midshipman
How long was the whole process from application to vAIB?
For me it was 4 years from when I entered the careers office. Most of that was medical and then covid extended led to cancelled AIB too. But from medical completed to my first AIB date was only 6 months

Brown144

For me it was 4 years from when I entered the careers office. Most of that was medical and then covid extended led to cancelled AIB too. But from medical completed to my first AIB date was only 6 months
Oh okay, 6 months is not too bad. What role will you be joining as?

Hello all,

I've been selected for 10th May as well (warfare), I found out within a week regarding selection. I'm also under the impression the intake will have a video call sometime in April!

Ray1218

Midshipman
Hello all,

I've been selected for 10th May as well (warfare), I found out within a week regarding selection. I'm also under the impression the intake will have a video call sometime in April

Glad to hear you got selected! Just wondering but where did you hear about the video call as I never heard anything like that?

BECE2021

Congrats to all who have had BRNC invitations. Have any aircrew candidates that had their vAIB recently heard anything/ know when the aircrew FSB is?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Warfare Officer BRNC intake numbers (May-Jan 17) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
S BRNC May 2015 Intake Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 697
Guski E (TM) BRNC May 2015 intake date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
D BRNC intake January 2021 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
SeaBiscuit October BRNC Intake- FB Group now live RFA 5
D RFA BRNC June 2020 intake Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
A BRNC January 2020 Intake Joining the Royal Navy 33
L January 2019 BRNC Intake Joining the Royal Navy 34
C September 2018 BRNC Intake Joining the Royal Navy 37
C BRNC September intake - dates... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
B BRNC: January 2016 Intake Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 28
B BRNC September Intake 2015 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 50
Booner123 BRNC February 2015 Intake Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 550
D BRNC February 11th 2013 Intake Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 39
N Feb intake brnc Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
D BRNC Sept 2011 Intake X(SM) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
F BRNC Sept '11 intake Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
rn458scc BRNC Intake Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
F September Intake BRNC date?? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
R RFA BRNC RFA 8
H Watch duty at BRNC? Joining the Royal Navy 8
A Terms at BRNC & Observer grading & training thereafter Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
F BRNC February 2021 RFA 35
A BRNC: Is there a break between Militarisation and Marinisation? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
H BRNC September 2020 Joining the Royal Navy 14
Xenophon BRNC - Why do some pass out as S/Lt or Lt? Joining the Royal Navy 4
G BRNC May 2020 Joining the Royal Navy 54
D Prep for BRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
S RFA Training at BRNC RFA 13
alfred_the_great On BRNC, and other stuff... Joining the Royal Navy 0
J BRNC 16th Sept 2019 Joining the Royal Navy 1
S Potential RFA Officers - I'm happy to share my 2019 experience of interview process, BRNC, etc. RFA 25
J BRNC January Entry FAA Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
K BRNC Sept 2019 Joining the Royal Navy 7
C September selection (BRNC) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 34
M BRNC May 2019 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 94
Y BRNC Feb 19 RFA 10
photface BRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
R BRNC Soon RFA 5
S BRNC Dartmouth May Entry 2018 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 190
R BRNC in Feb Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
D Starting BRNC in January- Potential role change? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
photface Dates for BRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
DB583 BRNC Dartmouth January 2018 entry Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
TechFin Whats the age for going to BRNC? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
WannabeAdmiral BRNC morning routine Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
dnnidlc BRNC - Sleeping arrangements Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
dnnidlc BRNC - Training Management Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
W BRNC - Confirmation Course Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 0
D Questions re BRNC Joining the Royal Navy 7