Brnc fitness and pt

Discussion in 'RFA' started by Penguinhunter, Oct 25, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all. I've been offered a place at Dartmouth for may 2015 and obviously am very exited! This forum has been amazing and I have to say has helped me a lot through the sift and aib! I wonder if anyone can give me a run down on the type and frequency of the phys at Dartmouth?im pretty fit already but just wanted a run down on the types of stuff to do ie running, circuits, etc. any insight would be appreciated. Also anyone else start in may? Cheers.

2. Hi,

What are you joining as? I am guessing as cadet as otherwise would be coming in Feb..
    Course has just changed.. now as per below.

RNFT & Swim test in week 1, sports clubs Monday evenings, sport afternoons most Wednesdays, Timetabled PT is usually 1 or 2 x 90 minute sessions a week.
    That is about it for the min physical, the going to Dartmoor and yomping has changed as the leadership exercises are now carried out on the river not Dartmoor.

First intake doing this new version started today, pass out in 8 weeks.

Regards

3. Thanks for the reply. Yes joining as deck cadet. That doesnt sound that challenging. Are you currently at brnc? Im really looking forward to it although I may be slightly older than the rest (at 32) I can't wait. What sports can I get involved in?

4. You won't necessarily be the oldest cadet. I'm 31 and did BRNC this summer and there were two cadets older than me.

5. Your exited? Face Palm.jpg

6. *you're

If you want to play that game. :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Age ranges on the course in the last 3 years have been 16 - 61, lots of different experience.

8. What sport clubs are there? Can you try out for the regular BRNC rugby team?

9. There are various sports, depends on which term, yes at the moment you can play rugby, there are not regular fixtures at the moment though.

10. Cool, are there any mor obscure sports?

11. I've heard they play chess a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Haha any thing less exciting?

13. Boules?

14. How far along are you in training?

15. Haven't even started mate, completely talking out of my arse. ;)

16. Can I ask you how your AIB went I have mine soonish, I'm most worried about the essay what was yours like?

17. I'll PM you.

18. Cheers!

19. Being an rfa cadet I will only be doing the first term. As I've been led to believe we do a "modified version" has anyone from the rfa been through this?

20. Btw the essay at AIB is very straightforward. It's done on Microsoft word so no need to worry about spelling and grammar. We had 5 topics and they were all pretty easy. Brush up on current military affairs watch the news every day leading up to it and it will be easy. I had a great time at aib and am happy to answer any more questions. Cheers.

• Like Like x 2