BRNC Feb 2012

Hey all,

A quick heads-up that a Facebook group has been formed for the February intake, to allow those of us who have been lucky to chat, exchange details and any little things that may be nagging us that we don't want put on here (for whatever reason).

For reasons of PERSEC, the group has been made secret, so that only the members can see names, posts and so forth.

If you want the name, address and so forth of the group, send a PM my way and I'll be more than happy to oblige. If not, no dramas, see you soon!

Hey all,

A quick heads-up that a Facebook group has been formed for the February intake, to allow those of us who have been lucky to chat, exchange details and any little things that may be nagging us that we don't want put on here (for whatever reason).

For reasons of PERSEC, the group has been made secret, so that only the members can see names, posts and so forth.

If you want the name, address and so forth of the group, send a PM my way and I'll be more than happy to oblige. If not, no dramas, see you soon!
So lets get this straight, for reasons of PERSEC it's a secret group but any old anonymous Rum Ration user can PM you to get the link, at which point they can join the group and see the proper names of all of you BRNC entrants. Very secure I am sure.

Do not kid yourself that anything on Facebook is secure, even if it is a closed group. Be careful from the perspectives of security and potential embarrassment to yourselves and the RN. Before you join Dartmouth I should have a good look at your facebook profiles and make sure that they are consistent with your chosen new profession.

No-one is being made to join this group, just like no-one is obliged to join RR. I just thought it might be an idea, not a very original one at that. I admit that the original post was not the best, and thank you for pointing out my errors. I'll be keeping a close eye on it, and in all honesty I'll be surprised if it attracts many people.

I know it's not perfect, I know that there is no entirely risk-free solution - post here, post there, you take the same risk either way. Social networks such as Facebook are a fact of life these days, but it remains for the individual to monitor themselves and ask the question as to whether something is suitable or not before someone higher up the chain has to.

Guns

War Hero
Remember the people you will soon lead may read your Facebook page, does it show you in the way you would wish? Is it locked down and the privacy settings right? Do you want your future CO as well as your division to see all of those photos?

Time for housekeeping maybe.

Hi.

Just for the puropse of not creating a new thread for a short answer, I post this brief question here.

I'm having a brief about the way of becoming an officer in the Royal Navy, and I am going to compare the BRNC to the RNNA (Royal Norwegian Naval Academy). Therefore, I am trying to find out how many who graduates from the BRNC every year.

Finally, if anyone could enlighten me of when the cadets are choosing their spesific position onboard, I would be grateful.

Thanks for any replies, and if the mods think this belongs as a new thread, please feel free.

RNNA;

Sir,

Really not in my "area"; but, if you are peparing a formal brief for an equivilant academy then your answers might be best answered either through a formal letter to Commander (T) at BRNC, or even through a Defence Attache (yours or ours).

Doubtless you will get answers from those far more knowledgeable than I!!
BH