BRNC Entry: September 2013

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by H2013, Jun 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello!

I was wondering if there is anyone on here who is starting BRNC in September 2013?
  2. I am hoping to be in by then. My AFCO said I could be looking at September entry - I've got fitness test, interview and AIB to go.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

:grin: It would've been quicker to say you've passed the test & medical.
  4. But it would mean you couldn't come up with a witty comment..

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  5. Hi, seems you've got a fair bit to go then before you know for sure- best of luck with it all!

Probably still early days for the September lot to know where they stand - but if anyone knows for sure that they are entering in the September intake I would very much like to hear from you.
  6. I have AIB next week, so fingers crossed for a September entry!
  7. Yes. I am entering in September, I was just looking for people to compare notes with.
  8. That's quite early to know you have a September entry, when did you have your AIB? What're you going in as?
  9. I'm also in in Sept, AIB was last week
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I'm not in the september entry.

Hope this helps.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. If you want you can say I will be in the september entry. I don't mind.

More people might show up if they hear I'm gonna be there.
  12. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I'm hoping the enter something in September - but it won't be BRNC... :oops:
  13. Would that be gainful employment Sarge? ;)
  14. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I can sometimes do freelance comedy, but your assistance was appreciated, granted.
  15. I was in a Sept entry.
  16. So was I

(10 characters)
  17. Hi Smevs, Good stuff - congratulations on passing AIB! What are you going in as? I was looking for other people to see what kind of preparation they are doing in the run up, as there is a good two months before entry. Were you told when to expect your joining pack?
  18. Cheers, in as an MEO you? Joining pack arrived last week....... soooo many forms to fill in it's not even funny.

Prep wise, nothing I didn't do for AIB really. The fitness program is of a fairly low standard, so i'm just carrying on with my normal routine; running, gym, footy etc. Keeping up to scratch on all the navy stuff, trawling RR and laughing hysterically at some of the threads. Only thing extra I'm gonna do is have a look at the rule of the road, and they ask you to read 1 book off each section of the reading list, so i'll have to go the library and see if i can pick some of them up. Other than that, I get up at 6.15 mon-fri to go to work anyway so the getting up is o biggie for me. Just need to start going to bed a bit later to cut down on the sleep. What about you any plans?
  19. Hi! Thanks for that, its good to hear from people in the same situation! I am entering the Medical branch. I asked specifically about the joining pack as I haven't got mine! I passed AIB 2 months ago and got all my acceptance letters but no pack- so I am at a bit of a loss as to the reading/kit list. I just thought they hadn't sent them out yet but I will investigate this further!

I am doing the same as you with fitness- gym, swimming, running. Had a go at the swimming test in a boiler suit at my local pool and looked like a bit of a plonker on a Saturday morning! Good idea about going to bed later - I am fine with getting up too but can tend to crash fairly early into the evening!

I am really looking forward to starting but it seems so far away at the moment!
  20. Nice that you want to prepare and all that but I wouldn't bother staying up to acclimatise yourself to less sleep. Sleep at Dartmouth really isn't a problem if you don't dawdle with your personal admin.

Also, I don't know if it's the same one I had, but don't be lured into a false sense of security by the fitness booklet. Especially for the medic, fitness is by far the most important thing to square away; you won't be at Dartmouth long enough to worry about much else.

Final tip: don't go mad on preparation. Enjoy your last months of freedom instead. The backphasers should keep you all on the straight and narrow till you get your bearings anyway.
    • Like Like x 1