BRNC Dartmouth May Entry 2018

I'm interested in strat comms as well, but also the human capability side of things. Many TM jobs cross over more than one aspect - I'll certainly enjoy the variety and challenge.

The relief of leaving teaching (which I'll probably do regardless of the FSB result) is secondary to the excitement of (hopefully) starting my dream job in the RN.

photface

Lantern Swinger
I wasn’t going mad before but now I am- this waiting for the selection board is killing me! I have another week yet.
I’ve been trying to put other plans in motion so that if it is a no from the Navy I have a fall back but I know everything I am preparing is second best.
It is getting draining assuming they will say no, when really I have no idea what they will say. Are there any other Nursing Officer candidates on here waiting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't know old stick. I thought 24hr monitoring was normally for heart rate, not for blood pressure but I am certainly no expert.....in fact, not expert at all. I don't really see how they can keep a cuff inflated on your arm for that long :)
Oh they can, and it's really f***ing annoying. I've just had one because I'm old and they were worried about my blood pressure (which like many others is always higher when it's being checked). You wear the cuff for 24 hours and it goes off every half hour during the day and once an hour at night. They then download the data the next day and it gives them an overall average, a waking average, and a sleeping average.

Whether they'd do that for an aircrew medical for someone joining I have no idea.

20 years ago I had high BP when I did AIB, after being told I had been successful I had to go to the dr for a month and get a reading a day to prove it was ok (this was for aircrew). It was and I attended BRNC in Jan 99 :)

They are aware of white coat syndrome, how they address it now I dunno but hopefully it gives some reassurance that it can be overcome

Last edited:
20 years ago I had high BP when I did AIB, after being told I had been successful I had to go to the dr for a month and get a reading a day to prove it was ok (this was for aircrew). It was and I attended BRNC in Jan 99 :)

They are aware of white coat syndrome, how they address it now I dunno but hopefully it gives some reassurance that it can be overcome
Thanks strontium that does put me at ease a little more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice to meet everyone! Glad to have found this thread at long last - I’ve been going spare waiting for Friday :(... it’s been the longest 9 weeks of my life waiting for a chance of selection since passing AIB in January.

I’m hoping to go in for Warfare... let’s just hope it’s a big intake for all positions this May!

I'm hoping the ACLO's are able to communicate the FSB's decision on the Friday. The prospect of having to wait over the weekend isn't too appealing.

Nice to meet everyone! Glad to have found this thread at long last - I’ve been going spare waiting for Friday :(... it’s been the longest 9 weeks of my life waiting for a chance of selection since passing AIB in January.

I’m hoping to go in for Warfare... let’s just hope it’s a big intake for all positions this May!
When did you attend?

Surprisingly good feedback. Went in prepared for “you’ve passed but not got a great pass so will have to come back and improve your score” or just a flat out fail.

But the Lt Col said I’d had a solid day. Got the letter through in the following days saying I could be “confident of selection”, but there’s always a chance it won’t come together for whatever reason! Don’t think I’ll start counting chickens until a decision is made...

How was your feedback?

Do you guys know what you scored?
I did my aib in November and my aclo left for a job at Dartmouth in December, I haven't heard from him since

Do you guys know what you scored?
I did my aib in November and my aclo left for a job at Dartmouth in December, I haven't heard from him since
My ACLO didn't tell me the exact numbers as I don't think they're allowed but we had a debrief over the phone about 3 days after AIB. So have you not had any correspondence since your board debrief at HMS Sultan? How was your feedback there?