BRNC Dartmouth May Entry 2018

Hi all, first time poster here

I've had an email saying Congratulations and inviting me to a pre-BRNC event but no call or letter. When I called my AFCO was told that after SIFT it's out of their hands and that selection is nothing to do with them. Basically don't call again unless you require a train ticket.

Really confused and panicking that I haven't heard anything more official
Anyone in the same boat?

JohnnyBravo

Midshipman
Hi all, first time poster here

I've had an email saying Congratulations and inviting me to a pre-BRNC event but no call or letter. When I called my AFCO was told that after SIFT it's out of their hands and that selection is nothing to do with them. Basically don't call again unless you require a train ticket.

Really confused and panicking that I haven't heard anything more official
Anyone in the same boat?
Yeah my AFCO said it’s all down to the ACLO at this stage. I haven’t had an email or letter yet but my ACLO said I’ve been selected... wondering if he’s pulling my leg haha.

If you’ve had an email and a pre BRNC brief invite, I guess that you’re in so congrats:D

Thanks, going to try and call the ACLO but what with it being a bank holiday I guess it'll have to wait until Tuesday

photface

Lantern Swinger
Update: got a call from my branch to strongly suggest I wait for September intake before going rating (my application for rating has been progressing)...I’m taking this as good news? I’m back in the game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stirlin

War Hero
Update: got a call from my branch to strongly suggest I wait for September intake before going rating (my application for rating has been progressing)...I’m taking this as good news? I’m back in the game!

Good luck pf.

GeorgeB2018

Midshipman
EH

Why recruit not officer.

photface

Lantern Swinger
EH

Why recruit not officer.
I went through selection, was not selected, went for rating and then branch said I should wait to see if I get selected second time round.

photface

Lantern Swinger
Sorry to resurrect, but following on from my last post, I’m happy to report I was selected for September :)

@photface - You can be assured of some surprised expressions/double-takes when you encounter old shipmates in your new role.

An acquaintance of mine left as a S/M PO Electrical type, gained a Divinity Degree outside and re-entered as a Naval Chaplain. As such one of his first tasks was to officiate at a Baptism (using the usual ship's bell) aboard a diesel boat refitting at Scotts Yard, Greenock one bright Sunday morning.

When he arrived fully frocked & raring to go, he was met at the gangway by the boat's OOD, a former DO of his who just would not believe that this Vicar was other than a wind-up.

It took quite some convincing by all concerned before that OOD accepted his presence as genuine, much to the delight & amusement of all present!

(Coincidentally, the current Chaplain of the SM Association is also a former Submariner [Polaris SD WE Officer] who became Ordained but he is not the same person involved in this incident.)