BRNC Dartmouth May Entry 2018

sav89s

Midshipman
Hi All,

Passed AIB not so long ago and currently waiting for the selection board in March to decide my future! Thought I would set up a thread on here for anyone else currently waiting to hear about the May intake to chat or speak up.

Anything to really pass the time waiting for the selection board on 23rd March.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
You're a year late, hopefully you won't be reading any tide timetables when you're in!

sav89s

Midshipman
Awesome, what you going in as? I’m going in as a Training Management Officer hopefully. The wait is killing me to be honest.

NavyNovice

Midshipman
I'm in for pilot :)

Ahh I just saw your post on the AIB thread! I definitely didn't have to Google TMO when I read it..

Must be a nightmare having to wait for so long! I'm guessing because your AIB was so long before selection they couldn't give you any indication of whether you're likely to get in or not?

sav89s

Midshipman
Amazing, so were you selected for January then? You getting prepared for it?

Yeah TMO is quite a small branch but it’s part of the engineering branch. I’m currently a teacher so makes sense as it’s somewhat similar.

Yeah the wait has been quite annoying, I wasn’t told last year that the only entry dates are May and September so was surprised when I had my AIB back in September and they said I had to wait until May. Only a month and 18 days for the selection board to meet...not like I’m counting down or anything.

NavyNovice

Midshipman
I was selected for January, my AIB was just before selection, but for aircrew you have to have an aircrew medical. I had to have a couple of follow up tests which couldn't happen before the January intake, so was deferred to May. I've been cleared now so it's all good!

That definitely makes sense! Do you know how many TMO's will be in one intake?

Jeez, that is one hell of a wait! Will hopefully be worth it in the end though!

sav89s

Midshipman
Ah right, that makes sense. You excited for May then? How did you find your AIB?

I’m not sure, tried to ask a few times about numbers and my selection chances but they have not told me for good reasons. I’m guessing it will be in the single figures for intake though.

Yeah let’s hope it’s worth the wait. I’ve been getting prepared for it so hopefully will be fully ready for all BRNC has to offer.

NavyNovice

Midshipman
It hasn't really sunk in yet, but I'm still ridiculously excited! I found my AIB a lot of fun! Tiring, but fun. What about you?

That was a good thing about being one of the last groups is they have a much better idea of how you've done compared to everyone else so can give a hint or two!

Yeah no excuses for us two not being fit!

sav89s

Midshipman
Yeah I bet, well let’s hope I make it there too! I agree with the AIB, it was probably the most enjoyable yet stressful two days of my life. Had such a good strong board the 4 of us worked as team throughout even though only two of us passed.

I hope to ask closer to the time to see whether I’m likely to be offered a Place or not. Fingers crossed! Ha no excuses at all.

photface

Lantern Swinger
I’ve just passed my AIB and I’m hoping and crossing my fingers I am selected for May :). I’ve been reading the above comments about AIB and I would totally echo the points made. We had a really strong three person board. I think teamworking makes it to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NavyNovice

Midshipman
Congratulations! What are you going in for? It does make a real difference if you're all really comfortable around each other doesn't it.

photface

Lantern Swinger
I’m *hopefully* going in as a Nursing Officer :). Makes all the difference!
I found out my selection board meets soon so here’s hoping. I just want to know so I can start preparing if needs be!

NavyNovice

Midshipman
Fingers crossed here too! When does it sit do you know? The waiting is definitely the worst bit!

Do you do a full two terms at BRNC or is it shorter?

photface

Lantern Swinger
Fingers crossed here too! When does it sit do you know? The waiting is definitely the worst bit!

Do you do a full two terms at BRNC or is it shorter?
My board sits really soon. End of Feb beginning of March!
We do the whole shebang, 30 whole weeks haha. Surely you do too?

I'm hoping to get in on Warfare, been told 'more than confident' I'd get in. The wait is killing me though, been a month, did any of you go around the 15th and 16th Jan? That's when mine was :D

NavyNovice

Midshipman
My board sits really soon. End of Feb beginning of March!
We do the whole shebang, 30 whole weeks haha. Surely you do too?

Not long then! Good luck! Yeah we do too, doctors and dentists dont do the full thing I think, so was wondering whether nurses did.

I'm hoping to get in on Warfare, been told 'more than confident' I'd get in. The wait is killing me though, been a month, did any of you go around the 15th and 16th Jan? That's when mine was :D
That's a good sign, I don't think they say that unless it's pretty certain that you are in. Mine was back in October!

photface

Lantern Swinger
Not long then! Good luck! Yeah we do too, doctors and dentists dont do the full thing I think, so was wondering whether nurses did.

That's a good sign, I don't think they say that unless it's pretty certain that you are in. Mine was back in October!
Nurses used to just do 15 weeks, but it changed to the full 30 a few years ago.

I think the idea is to forget that selection is even happening and to divert attention to other more relaxing things...HA, easier said than done!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C BRNC Dartmouth May 2013 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
R BRNC Dartmouth May 2011 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 40
TheRowan BRNC Dartmouth Induction May 2009 RFA 4
DB583 BRNC Dartmouth January 2018 entry Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
soleil Herald Express: "Dartmouth BRNC Officers Brave The Rain" Bases / Shore Est 33
soleil Western Morning News: "Dartmouth BRNC Cadets' Lesson In Leadership From 1SL" Bases / Shore Est 0
I BRNC Dartmouth - breakdown Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
C BRNC Dartmouth Acquaint Course Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
S BRNC Dartmouth 2006 SCC and URNU 4
SeaBiscuit October BRNC Intake- FB Group now live RFA 5
H BRNC September 2020 Joining the Royal Navy 14
Xenophon BRNC - Why do some pass out as S/Lt or Lt? Joining the Royal Navy 4
D RFA BRNC June 2020 intake Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
G BRNC May 2020 Joining the Royal Navy 54
D Prep for BRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
S RFA Training at BRNC RFA 13
alfred_the_great On BRNC, and other stuff... Joining the Royal Navy 0
A BRNC January 2020 Intake Joining the Royal Navy 33
J BRNC 16th Sept 2019 Joining the Royal Navy 1
S Potential RFA Officers - I'm happy to share my 2019 experience of interview process, BRNC, etc. RFA 16
J BRNC January Entry FAA Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
K BRNC Sept 2019 Joining the Royal Navy 7
C September selection (BRNC) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 34
M BRNC May 2019 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 94
Y BRNC Feb 19 RFA 10
L January 2019 BRNC Intake Joining the Royal Navy 34
photface BRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
C September 2018 BRNC Intake Joining the Royal Navy 37
R BRNC Soon RFA 5
R BRNC in Feb Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
D Starting BRNC in January- Potential role change? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
photface Dates for BRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
TechFin Whats the age for going to BRNC? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
WannabeAdmiral BRNC morning routine Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
dnnidlc BRNC - Sleeping arrangements Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
dnnidlc BRNC - Training Management Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
W BRNC - Confirmation Course Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 0
D Questions re BRNC Joining the Royal Navy 7
K BRNC Acquaint 6-9 July Joining the Royal Navy 3
Y BRNC showers Joining the Royal Navy 13
M BRNC June 2017 RFA 20
T Warfare Officer BRNC intake numbers (May-Jan 17) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
A What is it like at BRNC during training? Joining the Royal Navy 14
T-W-C BRNC May 2017 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 241
A Body Mass Index too low - BRNC January 2017 Joining the Royal Navy 11
T BRNC January 2017 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 33
R BRNC OCTOBER 2016 RFA 5
L Questions about Oct 2016 BRNC RFA 22
L Likelihood of being selected for BRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
ToonPatriot Brnc SFA? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5