BRNC Dartmouth May Entry 2018

Hi All,

Passed AIB not so long ago and currently waiting for the selection board in March to decide my future! Thought I would set up a thread on here for anyone else currently waiting to hear about the May intake to chat or speak up.

Anything to really pass the time waiting for the selection board on 23rd March.

Awesome, what you going in as? I’m going in as a Training Management Officer hopefully. The wait is killing me to be honest.

I'm in for pilot :)

Ahh I just saw your post on the AIB thread! I definitely didn't have to Google TMO when I read it..

Must be a nightmare having to wait for so long! I'm guessing because your AIB was so long before selection they couldn't give you any indication of whether you're likely to get in or not?

Amazing, so were you selected for January then? You getting prepared for it?

Yeah TMO is quite a small branch but it’s part of the engineering branch. I’m currently a teacher so makes sense as it’s somewhat similar.

Yeah the wait has been quite annoying, I wasn’t told last year that the only entry dates are May and September so was surprised when I had my AIB back in September and they said I had to wait until May. Only a month and 18 days for the selection board to meet...not like I’m counting down or anything.

I was selected for January, my AIB was just before selection, but for aircrew you have to have an aircrew medical. I had to have a couple of follow up tests which couldn't happen before the January intake, so was deferred to May. I've been cleared now so it's all good!

That definitely makes sense! Do you know how many TMO's will be in one intake?

Jeez, that is one hell of a wait! Will hopefully be worth it in the end though!

Ah right, that makes sense. You excited for May then? How did you find your AIB?

I’m not sure, tried to ask a few times about numbers and my selection chances but they have not told me for good reasons. I’m guessing it will be in the single figures for intake though.

Yeah let’s hope it’s worth the wait. I’ve been getting prepared for it so hopefully will be fully ready for all BRNC has to offer.

It hasn't really sunk in yet, but I'm still ridiculously excited! I found my AIB a lot of fun! Tiring, but fun. What about you?

That was a good thing about being one of the last groups is they have a much better idea of how you've done compared to everyone else so can give a hint or two!

Yeah no excuses for us two not being fit!

Yeah I bet, well let’s hope I make it there too! I agree with the AIB, it was probably the most enjoyable yet stressful two days of my life. Had such a good strong board the 4 of us worked as team throughout even though only two of us passed.

I hope to ask closer to the time to see whether I’m likely to be offered a Place or not. Fingers crossed! Ha no excuses at all.

photface

Lantern Swinger
I’ve just passed my AIB and I’m hoping and crossing my fingers I am selected for May :). I’ve been reading the above comments about AIB and I would totally echo the points made. We had a really strong three person board. I think teamworking makes it to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

photface

Lantern Swinger
I’m *hopefully* going in as a Nursing Officer :). Makes all the difference!
I found out my selection board meets soon so here’s hoping. I just want to know so I can start preparing if needs be!

photface

Lantern Swinger
Fingers crossed here too! When does it sit do you know? The waiting is definitely the worst bit!

Do you do a full two terms at BRNC or is it shorter?
My board sits really soon. End of Feb beginning of March!
We do the whole shebang, 30 whole weeks haha. Surely you do too?

I'm hoping to get in on Warfare, been told 'more than confident' I'd get in. The wait is killing me though, been a month, did any of you go around the 15th and 16th Jan? That's when mine was :D

My board sits really soon. End of Feb beginning of March!
We do the whole shebang, 30 whole weeks haha. Surely you do too?

Not long then! Good luck! Yeah we do too, doctors and dentists dont do the full thing I think, so was wondering whether nurses did.

I'm hoping to get in on Warfare, been told 'more than confident' I'd get in. The wait is killing me though, been a month, did any of you go around the 15th and 16th Jan? That's when mine was :D
That's a good sign, I don't think they say that unless it's pretty certain that you are in. Mine was back in October!

photface

Lantern Swinger
Not long then! Good luck! Yeah we do too, doctors and dentists dont do the full thing I think, so was wondering whether nurses did.

That's a good sign, I don't think they say that unless it's pretty certain that you are in. Mine was back in October!
Nurses used to just do 15 weeks, but it changed to the full 30 a few years ago.

I think the idea is to forget that selection is even happening and to divert attention to other more relaxing things...HA, easier said than done!