BRNC Dartmouth May 2013

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Centrebac15, Feb 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi ive just recieved conformation of a place at dartmouth in may 2013, subject to passing a medical,
    was just wondering if anyone else has heard any news?

2. Funnily enough, I have:

The Pope is going to resign due to ill health and old age; oo'd 'ave fought it guv?

Perhaps he should go in the stiff list.
  3. centreback, i thought a medical was conducted straight after passing AIB?
  4. No they have stopped conducting them at AIB now, now you have to go up to Cranwell, i forgot to mention this was for Aircrew..
  5. Hi Centreback,

Got my joining instructions through on Monday morning as well for the May intake at BRNC (subject to confirmation of the results of the Aircrew medical as well).

Have you had your medical yet?
  6. Yeah i have done my medical, so im in the same boat as you.

when did you do your medical, mine was 23rd of last month..
  7. What position were you offered?? Pilot or observer.
  8. Looks like we were at Cranwell at the same time for the medical then!

I got offered Pilot, what about yourself?
  9. I was offered observer, and yeah still awaiting results, Hope i hear soon =[
  10. looks like your the one with the brains, unlike stiffy :laughing5::salut:
  11. Haha! I can live with just being a driver Scouse!
  12. the_stiff , i sent you a private message..
  13. (a)It's 'the driver' and
    (b)You watch how brainy the passenger is when you tell him to stuff his idea where the sun doesn't shine

No stick, no vote :biggrin:
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Nowadays, when one considers we can send a Tomahawk cruise missile several hundred miles inland to hit a target with comparable accuracy, technology is such that a geek in a shack in Lincolnshire can 'pilot' a drone 7000 miles away, the RAF seem to think there's no need for aircraft carriers because they managed to send a 1950s bomber 8,000 miles to miss a strategic target thirty years ago and a 'warship can shoot down a target the size of a cricket ball travelling three times the speed of light' it's heartening to see we're still recruiting pilots. (pointless as they maybe) :thumbleft:
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  15. Ninja, oh Ninja, so much hate there.
    Calm down, put your feet up and think of the good old days when flogging was a recreational sport during Sunday forenoon.
    Think of the fun gained whilst keel hauling.
    Its just tradition, worth fighting for.
    And breath.