BRNC Dartmouth May 2011

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by romeomike, Feb 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Post here if you have your letter for the May intake! Just got mine for non grad entry warfare!
  2. YES

I got my letter the other day to. I am also non grad, warfare. so so excited! how about you? Where are you from in UK i am from shropshire.
  3. Sent you a message mate :)
  4. got the offer letter, just waiting (and hoping) that uni confirm my degree in time.

congrats to u both :)
  5. What branch you going trascuratezza?
  6. Tras

Have you spoken to the Uni yourself?
  7. Seems like we are all stacking up fast, I am another non-grad warfare
  8. I'm another non-grad warfare! I've been told there are 50 warfare places for May so looks like there are going to be a lot of us!
  9. 50 that's not too unusual, just short or 50% of the entry. Guess the rest will be Engineer and Logs. Are we surface or sub warfare? I am surface
  10. Not been told if im surface or subs, as I only changed branch a few days ago. Not volunteering for subs though!
  11. I'm surface.
  12. RM there will be a box on your forms asking if you are a volunteer for Subs... so let me guess where you are ticking!
  13. ^haha yeah already saw that one, big fat no tick :p
  14. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I'm guessing that you don't know too much about the RN.
  15. You guys are making me nervous i'm warfare graduate entry and i'm still waiting for the letter.
  16. Get onto the Uni admin people and have a word about it. Explain the situation and why its important its confirmed and ask if theres a way to get it considered an Urgent Priority. Most Uni's are happy to help their people out and it might work.

Not sure which Uni Dept it'l be. Maybe the Exams office
  17. What's putting you off boats (they're called submarines or boats, not subs)
  18. Terrified of getting posted to V-Boats. Not the way I want to spend my life!
  19. I'm going in for general service Warfare - direct graduate entry. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
  20. yeah, ive offered them everything up to and including my first born child to get it to me early but even though theyve marked it and got the results they still need an external invigilator to come and tick everything off and as the same one will have to do everyone for that year they're not all that willing to call it in early.

i see their point of view but just frustrating to be stuck in bureaucracy.

fingers crossed we'll find a way in though, my aibs still good for september so if i dont get anywhere ill bow out early to free up an entry space and see if i can get in end of summer instead @.@
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011