BRNC Dartmouth January 2018 entry

I just thought I'd see if anyone else on here is going to be joining Dartmouth in the January '18 intake? I got the call from my ACLO yesterday telling me I have been selected to join as logs, so I'm very excited and also very keen to get in touch with others. Any hints and tips are also appreciated, although I am already working hard on the fitness side of things!

I have been told there will be a pre-joining brief event in London in December, so it'd be nice to chat to a few people before that. :)

I've had a phonecall from my ACLO as well, but still waiting on the official letter before getting too excited.

Warfare (surface), if it's all confirmed.

Congrats on your place!

Brilliant! Have you heard any news about the pre joining brief yet?

Thank you, congrats on yours too, especially as warfare places have been cut significantly this intake!

Brilliant! Have you heard any news about the pre joining brief yet?

Thank you, congrats on yours too, especially as warfare places have been cut significantly this intake!
I haven't heard anything about a pre-join brief tbh.

Yes, Warfare places got cut from 48-ish to 22, which was a bit of a surprise. Do you know how many are going in Logs? I think it must be a relatively small intake overall.

I haven't heard anything about a pre-join brief tbh.

Yes, Warfare places got cut from 48-ish to 22, which was a bit of a surprise. Do you know how many are going in Logs? I think it must be a relatively small intake overall.
I'm sure we'll get an email about it soon. Well Logs originally was 8 places, but I've heard rumours that it might have been cut, not sure what to though.

Congratulations @GreyFox, I have a couple of Scottish friends that are hoping for January too. Although one hasn't heard yet and one doesn't know if he can make the PJB. But I'll let you know if they are :)

@Aspiring_Naval_Officer well done indeed if there are only 2 of you!

Wahey was waiting for this thread! Got moved from reserve to selected for Jan 18 too, another of the WAFU gang here, have any of you lot received the joining instructions yet? Getting anxious to get my hands on them!

And congratulations gentlemen (and women if there are any on here going in Jan!) any of you lot happen to be in manxman div. too?

Last edited:
Amazing well done @comeflywithme!
No sign of the joining instructions yet but I’m hopeful for early next week. Need to start shopping and packing.

Last time I checked I was female and there’s a couple more of us on this thread. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

@alfred_the_great yes you do have a point, or the closed Facebook group BRNC have set up for us as my joining instructions tell me! Incase you don't already have them they are on their way, this makes it all feel a bit more real, we've actually made it, see you all on the 15th :D