BRNC Dartmouth Acquaint Course

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by ChrisW, Sep 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all, after my recent AIB Briefing my AFCO booked me onto a BRNC acquaint course for the 5th of October. I was just wondering if anyone on here has been on this acquaint before, or if anyone can tell me what the course involves. Thanks

2. I went on it a few years ago. It's a good few days.

You can expect to do your RNFT, get a thorough tour of the college and hopefully get to meet a few key staff.

The content gives you an opportunity to meet (most of the time) serving members of your chosen branch and, because you're eating and living at the College, a chance to meet people currently undergoing training.

It's also a fantastic chance to start thinking about your practical leadership approach and comman concepts. I caution you, however, that the leadership approach we were briefed on at BRNC is not necessarily the same one you will be measured agianst at AIB, as the first expects you to take a step back and 'manage', whilst the second expects to see you involved and leading from the front, as it were.

The content may have changed since I did it, but it's well worthwhile. I know it affirmed the choice of some people, whilst giving others pause for thought.

3. second that. Spot on; it is well worth doing, if for nothing more than a bit of a jolly...

4. Thanks for the input fellas, looking forward to it even more now!